The Official "Off Topic" Thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wendy Crewson is a very talented Canadian actress. She's also gay & lives with a partner. She used to live with a man & I think they had children. Today I got a new kindle fire & I just had to call my Internet provider to get a name & number for its wifi p/w. I had to sit on the floor with a flashlight to get that data. Then, I had to climb out from behind the computer. LOL! All this because 2 weeks ago I lost the kindle I had! That one was a kindle fire 3. This one is a kindle fire 2. I have no idea why! But, my books are on there. Melissa got me a free Mary Oliver book today on DOGS. We went to Pine Lake's Lakefest today & all up & down the street people made a point to come see me & hug on me, see how I am, tell me how good I look & that they love my purple hair. I got a beautiful print, a small one, to put in my room. I got a kingfisher earring. The kingfisher is Pine Lake's bird. It's been Labor Day 2018 since I moved into the Personal Care Home & so people were really glad to see me! Okay, this was definitely OT.

• Members

Here's a kingfisher. They are tiny little colorful birds that dart into the water to catch fish. You might be wondering why I live in a Personal Care Home: I have Parkinsons Disease. I was diagnosed in Aug. 2012 & had a long honeymoon period with few symptoms. But, that's all over now.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I've been thinking about the time we live in, where not so long ago the Chantilly soaps both went off the air and we miss them, and over on ABC Aggie's soaps went off the air and fans there miss them. And SOAPnet  went off the air and surely some fans miss it. And we're left in a time where writers, producers, execs, etc. drop into retirement and/or into death. In the meantime we have 4 network soaps being broadcast: Days of our Lives on NBC, 1 hour per day; General Hospital on ABC, 1 hour per day; and the Bell Empire (Young and the Restless and Bold and Beautiful) on CBS, 1.5 hours per day. What we all want is for people to stop dying & stop retiring. What we all want is for someone to take ATWT, Guiding Light, All My Children, and One Life to Live and put them all back on reboot streaming! ATWT and GL fans can't all agree on everything but then they don't diagree about everything either. What's it like for AMC and OLTL fans as to blaming and agreeing and disagreeing? Where do we stand? And how can we make that better?

Edited by Donna B
lower case a