DAYS: November 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've given Ron Carlivati two chances to impress me -- once, when he was writing OLTL; and again, when he was writing GH.  Both times, he failed.  Therefore, the only thing I'm giving that hack from now on, is hell.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Spec On next Week

Dr rolf lied To Susan that Will wasnt resurectued 

Sami has Will's Grave Doug Up

Paul Tells Sonny he saw Will

Sonny and Will come face to face Nov 10th

ETA:

Rolf Lied. He was Stefano's Ally. Stefano wouldnt want Will dead. Rolf has been helping keep Will hidden.aybe Rolf told him to hide or Susan may kill your family

• Members

You know, that's an interesting theory.   There was something I found to be not quite right about ED's pitch and line delivery, especially after reading her interview talking about how well she knows Susan and that Ron allowed her to tweak scripts.   But something seemed "off" about Susan.  Also, her motive for having Rolf bring Will back to life- because she wanted to kill him herself- doesn't really jive with Susan's character.  Kristen, yes, but not Susan- seems like if she were tweaking scripts, ED might have addressed that plot point with the writers.

I kind of hate that this theory is out there now though, because if it does turn out to be the case, it would have been a neat genuine surprise.   Oh well.  If it is true and they pull it off without any details leaking, I think Ron will have pulled off one of the better twists in recent memory on soaps.  (And THAT, Mal Young, would be how you do a "surprise!")

• Members

I'm not going to speculate. I don't think Will will think he's EJ (and by that I mean he wasn't implanted with EJ's memories, he could very well think his name is EJ thanks to Susan). He likely just has no memory and Susan is raising him as her own. I don't think it will be overly complicated.

I don't know what to do about DAYS though. Even though I think Ron's a good fit for the show, and I love having Sheri Anderson in the background there, the show needs some sort of overhaul. The complete lack of budget, most of the cast with low episode guarantees ... there's very little flow. There's a lack of momentum.

The episodes themselves aren't awful but when you have most of the cast standing around filling an episode guarantee there's a problem.

Not to mention a lot of characters with potential are incredibly boring. Marci Miller isn't a bad actress, IMO, but she lacks fire and it's like Abby is on ambien 24/7. Eli and Lamon Archey have potential but he's paired with Gabi who's now pointless and should be axed. JJ and Lani are cute but they're SO boring (I hope that changes with the upcoming story) so they need Abe to be grumpy pants and cause them conflict. Vanessa A. Williams is tragically underused. She looks amazing and can act. I love her. They need to use her.

Claire, Theo and Tripp are snoozeville. I hope the new Ciara has some fire and can act. I like Olivia Keegan and Lucas Adams but Claire and Tripp are zzzzzz at the moment.

Not to mention I don't understand the fascination this show has with Galen Gering and Rafe. Talk about the epitome of boring and useless.

I could go on but things need to change. There's no urgency. No energy, even in the Will search. The Will search became about EJ and Sami screeching and getting arrested.

Even though the Eve/Deimos story is stupid, Eve/Kassie has an energy about her that makes you want to watch her and she can sell anything (clearly), but then you have poor John Aniston resorted to spouting nasty one-liners (some are funny) and Maggie pressing her lips together.

Sigh.

The main problem is episode guarantees. When you have JJ comforting Eve and Lani walking in, follow up the next day where JJ and Lani talk about it. Followup the next day with Eve at Paige's gravesite. There's a lack of followup to things.

I also love having Lucas off the wagon but he doesn't need to be sloshed 24/7, it's getting tired.

And I know Ron wanted to 'fix' certain things, like Chabby, and re-pairing  Justin and Adrienne but a lot of it was rushed. Why weren't we shown Adrienne thinking about Justin in prison? Now in one episode Lucas and Adrienne are done (which I'm actually fine with them being kaput) and Adrienne and Justin are back together. It's sloppy. I get it, and I feel like we sat through years of an off-screen triangle between Lucas/Justin/Adrienne that a quick resolution is fine, just like quickly putting Chabby back together, and I'd rather not sit through more drama for them but it's rushed. I don't know. It's sloppy.

I agree. Something seemed off with Susan so I definitely think it's Kristen as Susan but maybe it really is Susan? Guess we'll see. But I wouldn't put it past Ron to have Susan pull off the wig and long blond locks fall out and we see it's Kristen but then have to wait until they bring Davidson back.

Archived