Deadly Shooting at Las Vegas Country Music Festival; Over 50 Dead, 200 Injured

Khan

• Members

And you would think that anti-gun control advocates such as the NRA would be down for that.  "Yes," they might say, "by all means, keep the guns away from those who are ill-equipped to use them, so that those of us who ARE equipped won't have to use ours (to protect ourselves and our loved ones)!"  

Instead, it's as if the NRA admits that they're just as mentally unstable as people like Stephen Paddock and that restricting access for the mentally ill would be restricting access for them as well.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the guys aim was standing up for gun rights do you? As far as we know this was a mass murder which is just not the same as terrorism.  I guess I'm missing something because I just don't get what calling incidents that are not politically motivated changes. Why does that word matter so much?  I can see it if it's a white nationalist and some won't use the word, but beyond that I don't get it.

• Members

I think it's more about wanting some type of equivalency.  And there is a lot of enablement by our leaders and the NRA of white males by ginning up all sorts of extremist rhetoric to make these people believe they need an arsenal to defend themselves. This guy had what 20-25 guns in various forms with him? We don't know, but it's hard for me I guess to fathom it was all about being angry over his divorce. 

• Members

The NRA wants a bill passed that allows silencers on guns. If it wasn't for the noise of this gun, there would have more people killed than already were

Please register in order to view this content

*tears* this stranger held a man as he was dying. She stayed with him the whole time and even talked to his mother on the phone. I'm crying my eyes out watching it

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/us/las-vegas-survivor-stranger-died-cnntv/index.html?sr=twCNN100317las-vegas-survivor-stranger-died-cnntv0200PMVODtop

• Members

I read this and am still perplexed at the people who don't know what set this guy off. I read it and immediately saw controlling, anal, [!@#$%^&*] white guy who was probably pissed the world is changing around him. Same people don't see why there is an opioid problem or why suicides in white male circles have been the highest in the last 15 years

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/us/stephen-paddock-vegas.html

Archived