Our Family Honor

GSGfan2017

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show was rerun on Metro, a small cable outlet based in New York City, at the start of the new millennium. It wasn't my favorite show, but there were moments that were pretty good. Augie's bored wife (played by Sheree J. Wilson) had become involved with a recurring character played by John Callahan. Augie ordered the man killed. While Augie and his wife were celebrating their sons birthday with a party at the house, the hitman killed John Callahan. The song "Send in the Clowns" played as the show cut between the two stories. Later, the older cop son ended up killing Augie. That was the cliffhanger the show ended on. I thought there was a lot of potential in seeing that go forward.

I don't remember many of the women getting much story or development, outside Daphne Ashbrook's cop character. Her character graduated in the premier from the police academy and there was a big dinner at the Irish cop family's house. It was the only time we saw the Daphne Ashbrook's mother, who was afraid of losing her daughter like she had lost her cop husband. I think there may have even been another son of Georgeanne Johnson and Kenneth McMillan who popped up only in the pilot. I remember the reveal in the pilot that Michael Woods was the son of the mob was pretty good, but the rest of the show was pretty episodic with some continuing stories. McMillan and Wallach were good as the two childhood friends on the opposite sides of the law, but, for the most part, it was more mob drama than soap opera.

• Members

Around the same time they were rerunning Central Park West. I would say somewhere in the late 2000-early 2003 range. I believe they may have aired the series as a marathon as I know I have the show on two tapes, and I was never very good about keeping a show on one set of tapes unless it aired all at once. I believe it aired briefly afterwards on a weekly basis, but I don't think it was on long. I know they didn't show it as often as some of their other series.

I loved Metro as well. I spent many weekends watching The Bronx Zoo, New York News, The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd, Central Park West, and Brooklyn Bridge. At a time when there weren't many reruns available for short lived shows, Metro was great.

Archived