Comedian Charlie Murphy Dies

Roman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw that episode a few months ago on the TV One website. I think it's still up on their site as of yesterday, at least. He did look thin over the last few years and in the episode, I noticed it but convinced myself that maybe his looks had changed because he was older and maybe had some strict dietary changes or something- I had no idea he was fighting leukemia!

I feel for his kids. His wife died a few years ago and now two of those kids have lost both parents (I think he has another child from a previous relationship?). He kept his sense of humor right til then end though!

Speaking of maintaining a sense of humor, the interviews I've seen with Eddie Murphy over the past couple years, he can still be funny but I always sensed a solemn undertone in his interviews amidst the humor. Looking back, it makes me wonder, if his brother's health was a part of this?  Maybe I'm just reaching.

• Members

I don't think you're reaching one bit. Eddie seems to have been rather silent lately.....that IMPO is because of his brother's health. I wonder now what will happen to the children...will Eddie step in and raise them, or has already been doing that as Charlie's health worsened? My prayers to the family. 

Archived