• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Musings about Jenna:

When Morgan Fairchild played her (best), she mentions Naldo and admits Bobby isn’t Charlie’s father. 

When Francine Tacker played Jenna, she’s just put Charlie on an airplane to visit her father, Naldo, in Rome. 

When Priscilla Presley played Jenna, Charlie’s parentage is again mysterious. Charlie doesn’t know who Naldo is but thinks Bobby is her father due to Bobby’s name on her birth certificate. 

One of the Top Three retcons along with Lucy and Uncle Ray’s affair (never happened) and out-of-the-blue Jason Swing’s kids. 

• Members

The remastered show really is beautiful on Amazon. Yet it's hard to watch it and know Knots remains languishing in raw VHS rips for now (especially when I felt KL made much better use of its budget, production design and location shoots). I'm wrapping the seventh season, as is my custom with Dallas I skipped way ahead to watching the Jessica arc with the always delightful Alexis Smith who is completely, hilariously batshít. I will then skip even further to watch the end of season eight just in time for the dream season, where I can hopefully sync up Dallas and KL viewing in tandem to examine the Lorimar creative team swap.

• Members

I would love to stream Knots Landing anywhere at any quality, but it's nowhere. 

I'm currently watching season 9 of Dallas and have some questions/comments: 

1. Was it always intended to bring the character Mark Graison back for season 9, or did Patrick Duffy's exit push this storyline? Pam's search for Mark seemed to end a bit abruptly in season 8 IMO and then Bobby and Pam rekindle before he's killed.

2. Pam has a photo of Bobby at her desk when she returns to work after Bobby's death. I thought this was odd considering she had Mark's photo in her office last season and was searching for him. Bobby and Pam only got together briefly at the end of last season and she hadn't even into work since. I guess it can easily be explained away by saying it was all a dream and nothing necessarily needed to make sense. 

3. How far into the season before it was realized that it would all be Pam's dream? 

4. I'm really early into the season so this can be a poor assumption, but I'm not sure why Priscilla Presley is being kept around beyond a few episodes and in the opening credits as a lead because she has been quite secondary thus far. I feel like Jamie and Jack have more going on than Jenna and they're only listed after the opening credits. I love Priscilla Presley tho. She's done such a great job with the character. 

• Members

This is incredible to see a “Knots” scene remastered. With Dallas it was at least available in decent quality but we have those grainy copies of Knots circulating and just in this clip I was stunned at how much better the show looks. I hope they push through and include Knots as part of the DVDs they’re releasing for the 100th anniversary of WB. 

I wanna say Mark Graison was always returning and Dack Rambo was meant to replace the Bobby character. Similarly, Jamie was replacing Lucy. I do know that has the dream not happened, when Pam goes to the shower she was going to find Mark murdered in the shower. 

As for when the dream was decided, I think that all happened in the off season. 

With Jenna, she hung in for far too long and was so dull I thought. I do agree that Jamie and Jack had potential and I didn’t understand why they didn’t last. Jamie I feel was a big loss. I loved how she came on as more of a Tom boy but who was smart when it came to the oil business. She was like a better written Lucy and had great chemistry with JR. She would’ve been more believable than say Michelle running Ewing Oil towards the end. I also thought she had good chemistry with Cliff.

Looking at where the show went in later years, losing Jamie was one of their biggest mistakes imo. For one, she was a Ewing and as they brought all those young characters in, she could’ve anchored it. By that point the viewers would’ve been used to her as well. 

Another random comment about the later seasons is that I don’t understand why they brought back Lucy. Charlene Tilton looked amazing and her acting was much better. She came back with a maturity and edge but they didn’t even attempt a lead story for her. It was such a waste. I wish that instead she had gone to Knots for a few years. I get David Jacob’s didn’t want her there initially due to her acting but she was fine at that point. 

• Members

I feel that Jamie and Jack were introduced at the right moment with show popularity still high and they came with ties to the Ewings. Jack even secured himself 10 percent of Ewing Oil. As you said, Jamie's introduction was quite strong building a connection with lonely Sue Ellen and having a rivalry with J.R. over the dispute of Ewing shares. Plus, her story with Cliff could have gone many ways. Jamie and Jack could have served as anchors as you said, considering we would see major exits in a few years from Victoria Principal and Linda Gray, they could have been a smoother transition for later seasons on the show. 

I hated Afton's sudden exit as well because I really grew to like the character. I feel the character was wasted toward the end and given little to do even though there was so much potential. 

Charlene's acting early on was rough, but I do feel she could have added some value to Knots. 

Season 8 and 9 feel different than previous seasons. There's a bit more humor or light moments infused into scenes. Sue Ellen's drunk on the streets of Dallas felt camp. I know with Dallas we were seeing the genre evolve through its seasons.

• Members

I'm still waiting on news of a blu ray release for Dallas. I did buy the digital HD episodes but I also want the blu rays. I'm dumping by double sided frozen episodes dvds. 

I've read countless times that Knots is next to be remastered. I'm not sure if they have already begun doing it.

• Members

According to the guy who helped with Dallas, they’re already working on Knots. I think Dallas is a sure thing bc they’ve been included in the promo for the anniversary of WB. But I feel like if they’re remastering Knots they must be doing something with it.