Family (1976-1980)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rarely did Family reference prior stories. They did mention Willie's short lived wife played by Brooke Adams after her death. David Jacobs (Dallas & Knots) wrote those episodes. Doug's affair from decades earlier was brought up on occasion. The woman he cheated with played by Pat Crowley shows up and Kate fears he may cheat again. Linda Lavin guest stars in another episode as woman who set her sights on Doug and Doug flirts with her a bit. The Lawrence marriage was often tested through out the series. Another plot device is the death of the 4th Lawrence child Timmy who drowned 3 or 4 years prior.

I really liked Priscilla Morrill as Kate's friend and neighbor Elaine Hogan. Later Morrill was under contract to other series and the role was recast with Louise Latham. It wasn't really the same without Morrill in the role. 

The Lawrence children could be self centered at times, especially Nancy. Kate had her number and would call her out. Willie was a slacker and loafer with little ambition. Buddy would brood and act out if she felt her world was being turned upside down in any way no matter how minor.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Did you download the app? All 5 seasons are there. I just watched episode one of season three. I'm surprised the episodes are on widescreen and not the original format. The episodes look good though and not stretched.

I know. I have the first two seasons on DVD. Was hoping for the rest to be released. I think only tubi has it for free. I think Amazon Prime only has the first season but I think it's 1.99 an episode or you can buy the whole season.

• Members

I wonder if just the series Family is region blocked, because I do have Tubi, and regularly watch all sorts of stuff without any problem. For me, it's only Family that has no links to any content on its page.

When I do a search for the show in the Tubi search bar, it does not even come up, which suggests I'm not supposed to have access to it in my region (Canada).

• Members

Ah that could be why. I hate when that happens. I've had tennis shows I've wanted to see but can't because it isn't available in my region.

Here's how my screens look for it.

Please register in order to view this content