Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, he was around that age. But remember Cookie & Lucious had a lot of things going on back then. That's why I bring up after Lucious got big, He should had a steady person around the kids.

You know that lady that he mention when talking to Hakeem at the club. & Hakeem ask what happen to her & Lucious said she got killed, I wonder did she mention something to Lucious about Andre. & Lucious had her killed or he killed her. Or Andre did something to her, & Lucious cover it up.

Edited by MoTheGreat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hmmm. This is interesting. Andre kills her for taking his mother's place? I put nothing past this show. Nothing. But I don't think that Lucious would kill her for saying something about Andre. He'd kill her for other things though.

Bunky and Vernon raised the kids. But mostly Bunky it seems.

• Members

I could definitely see this happening.

Right now to me it seems like Andre is kind of being isolated from the other members of the family. Most of his interactions are with Rhonda. We really haven’t seem interact with his younger brothers at all, which I think is interesting. I want to find out what exactly his relationships with his brothers are like. Does he get along with one better than the other? Does he look down on both of them? I get the sense that he’s not really close to either one of them. I remember him brushing Jamal off at the dinner table, in the first episode.

It would help the character if he interacted with other people and had another character in his corner besides Rhonda. Jamal and Hakeem have one parent that favors them and they have each other. Andre doesn’t even have that. Heck he doesn’t even seem to have friends, which I think is sad. Jamal has friends, and Hakeem has a crew of friends, none for Andre so far.

I am interested in learning more about Andre and his backstory. Maybe we will get to see some flashbacks of him as a kid, giving us more insight about him.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I was a little confused about that. Those two seemed like old enemies or rivals when she first came back, but he was a bit different towards her in the second episode. Maybe the defending etc was all for show -- just doing what you ought to.

• Members

Vernon was always respectful of her. She just started by cursing him the first time they interacted. Even when they were arguing about the company after the meeting she interrupted, he used a respectful tone. And he always takes up for her. Andre called him "Uncle Vernon". I didn't think that meant he was his familial relation. But I wouldn't doubt if it is revealed that he is Cookie's brother.

• Members

Did he? Because I remember him being dismissive during the board meeting and then telling her to shut up when she went to Lucious and demanded Jamal, to which she said...

tumblr_nhvheotpWl1qdla50o2_500.gif

At the very least, Cookie has some beef with him but I need to rewatch. There's so much happening, it's hard to keep track of all of it.