Report: Charlie Sheen Causes FX Series to Halt Production

Khan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always believed someone at Debmar-Mercury, which produces the show, has (or had) a relationship of sorts with Sheen and/or felt sorry for the guy after the "Two and a Half Man" debacle. (It's common knowledge -- at least in Hollywood -- that Chuck Lorre isn't a picnic to work with either.)

• Members

How is he even still insurable for ventures like this after the CBS debacle? The man is a walking corpse waiting to keel over.

I understood FX's instinct to churn out crud sitcoms like this one in order to finance their wonderful drama programming - I believe they've said as much more than once in the press, that they use deals like this one in order to keep The Americans, Justified, etc. in green - but Charlie Sheen is a bridge too far.

• Members

To be fair, Robert Downey Jr. turned his [!@#$%^&*] around. I'll be honest, I never thought he would. I fully expected him to die young but he finally found a way to kick his demons and from what I've heard, he even tries to help other cast and crew members in recovery when he's filming. Charlie Sheen is still actively insane.

• Members

True. I don't really like to give much thought to Sheen but I wonder what his problem is. RDJ is an addict. Everyone could see that. Once he got clean he got right. Is Sheen on drugs, is this some kind of mental illness or is he just a hot mess?

• Members

I expected RDJ to "flame out" and die young, too, which is why his journey back from the throes of addiction has been both a shock and a delight to me. I only pray he doesn't end up like Philip Seymour Hoffman. I STILL haven't gotten over that tragedy (and I wasn't even a fan of a lot of his movies, although I thought he was a brilliant actor).

• Members

Personally, I think it's a little (or a lot) of all three: he had a crazy upbringing, and the drug abuse (and other stuff) are a possible symptom or manifestation of some psychiatric disorder (possibly bipolar disorder).

Archived