Exclusive: Camryn Grimes on That Shocking Young and the Restless Cliffhanger

• Members

I think the last thing any of us want you to do is shut up. I'm still waiting on those PP episode reviews.

I think GH is dreadful at the moment but not without some positive merits even at its nadir. I watch the show because I've watched it for decades, because it's entertaining again even when it's awful, and because they have or have brought back a lot of people I care about. You can find far, far, far more negative people on this board than me. Sorry if you see pitting these network soaps against each other as a game of fantasy football or something - I personally don't give a [!@#$%^&*]. I think there's plenty of dreadful material on both Y&R and GH, I don't side with either one. I critique them because I can often see glimmers of something decent beneath the frontburner dross - on Y&R it's mostly just a handful of actors, most of the story is just lousy - and I want better for them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest, I am more interested in how the story will be received by viewers than I am in this Cassie doppelganger story.

I agree with those that say that Y&R is a shadow of itself and doesn't feel like Y&R at all. But that started in MAB's tenure when we began to see less and less of the business sets. I have been saying for years that the show reminded me more of OLTL than Y&R. And I don't think there is any going back.

• Members

Camryn Grimes should have the spent the last nine years in the role as Cassie, maturing into the next generation Newman woman. Smart, sophisticated and classy with both and often having better common sense than parents or grandparents after growing up with them all her life and growing tired on their problems. Grimes still can act, another thank you to Jack Smith for killing her off because this is now another way to directly connect back to where Y&R unraveled.

• Members

You're joking, right? Can you imagine the damage that would've been done to the Cassie character under MAB? I shudder to think. It was better that way. I'm really looking forward to watching Grimes show her stuff and not be saddled by the baggage of "sweet" Cassie - I like the darker edge we're seeing with this character.

Archived