Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OLTL is one of my faves too and I did notice they didn’t seem to get any direct rating jumps for several big events, unles so missed it, like the Karen Wolek on the stand confession, Marco/Mario exposure at the wedding and the baby switch climax.

By 1983 they lost their young ingenue in Tina/AE, Karen/JL gone and the show was kind of stagnant story wise until they launched the Viki/Niki story in 1985 with Tina back. 

I really wish they had some sort of shot in the arm between 1983-1985, as even by 1985 I think it took a while to build them back up. 

The only thing going for them in ‘83 was Viki/Clint and the ongoing Asa vs Bo with women in between. 

• Members

Right, clearance wasn't the issue here, but their competition was tough. However, there wasn't much room to place them elsewhere in the schedule without potentially hurting the other soaps in the lineup. I still don't understand why there wasn't more push to get EON better clearance. 

• Members

SFT getting a slight boost from the 8/4 Live show, but it seems like the show was getting a nice summer boost as it was. RH was getting hit from both sides that summer, between Y&R's resurgence and SFT starting to build its audience back (which, of course, they couldn't sustain), no doubt helped by NBC's recovery in the ratings after an awful few years.

Edited by beebs

• Members

Quite a bit, most weeks a full point of more above where they'd been the summer before. Interesting to think what would've happened if they sustained that growth. I'm struggling to find a list of their headwriters anywhere. Is it listed in the Capitol thread anywhere, does anyone know? Just curious to know who was helming the show during this period.