Ratings from the 80's

• Members

Y&R is getting close to being cemented in the Top 3.

One year of Capitol and to me it seems like it hasn't shown much growth. So its not doing the job of competing with ABC, but its doing the job of being a placeholder/time filler.

GL in the early days of Gail Kobe/Pamela Long looks like its improving from the slide after Douglas Marland left.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Only Gail is there. Carolyn Culliton is listed as head writer. The show was a mess in April. I just saw the episode from April 8th and it wasn't good. GL has good things coming up with Phillip meeting Beth and him finding out Alan isn't his father but Justin is.

• Members

Some notes:

EON's steep slide in the ratings over the past few months, it isn't entirely surprising that Slesar was fired in May '83. Considering they'd gone from being competitive with AW and DAYS to nearly being beaten by SFT in a matter of a few months, ABC and P&G had to have been concerned. Despite Slesar's brilliant writing, I'm sure someone in the executive suites had to know something had to change, fast.

We are now about four months into the Labines returning to RH, and....yikes. Something wasn't clicking with viewers, and station clearances have dropped. I know it hasn't been unusual to see AW neck and neck with RH in the past, but they're in a danger zone now, especially up against a resurgent Y&R. it'll be interesting to see how much more damage occurs once PFS takes over as headwriter in the fall/RH moves to noon.

Edited by beebs

• Members

The latest ratings Jason posted reflect Lee Sheldon's first four weeks as head writer of The Edge of Night. Three weeks into his run, he killed off Nicole Cavanaugh. And I also think these ratings reflect the beginning of Richard Culliton and Pamela Long Hammer's work on Guiding Light. Pam's name first popped up in the credits in mid-May. And we immediately saw the introduction of new characters like Mindy Lewis, Billy Lewis, Beth Raines, Lillian Raines, and Bradley Raines.