Ratings from the 80's

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 8/30/82-9/3/82 & 9/6/82-9/10/82:

Please register in order to view this content

FROM THE VAULT: WEEKLY DAYTIME NIELSEN RATINGS: WEEKS OF 9/13/82-9/17/82 & 9/20/82-9/24/82:

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Unless the info is incorrect or there’s another preemption coming up between the rest of September-December we didn’t know about,  that messes things up a bit

we long assumed 1982 was   the first year they preempted the Friday in September for tennis as well. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

When there's a "tie" in the ratings (such as 9/24/1982) when Guiding Light and The Young & the Restless both have a 7.7, I'm inclined to think the one with the higher "share" (Y&R's 31 share versus GL's 27 share) should be listed first.  If both shows are tied in households and in shares, then I think they should be alphabetized.  

That's just my two cents, and I'm not complaining.  I'm thrilled to have the weekly data, and I appreciate the work you put into these!  

• Members

Here you go!

I'm glad you're not complaining, since this is a lot of work to do!! 52 weeks x 10 years = 520 charts!

My first sort is by rating, the secondary sort is by program title, so any programs tied in ratings will be listed alphabetically, not by share.

That was me. I think the error happened because the chart said ABC soaps aired TU-F and CBS soaps aired TU-TH. I probably just mistakenly read it as TU-F for CBS. So, as we know from earlier this week when I misread a 6 for an 8, that mistakes will happen, but I always do try my best. I would hope my accuracy would still be in the 98 to 99 percent range when I have completed all 520 weeks for 1980-1989!   I have posted the corrected chart above.

Here's the chart where I just misread TU-TH as TU-F...

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Thanks!  Like I said in the past, any possible mistakes anyone sees, please bring them to my attention, since I want the records to be totally accurate!

The rest of 1982 I see only two more CBS preemptions, on Thanksgiving and day after Thanksgiving.