ATWT: Casting news (SID)

• Members

ATWT is seeking an African-American actress in her mid-20's to play "Bonnie" a beautiful, smart and determined young woman who always goes after what she wants. The role is a 3 year contract.

In other casting newws, the soap is also searching for an African-American man in the same age range to play Blaine, an ambitious middle-class kid with loads of charm and good looks.

source: http://www.matiemusings.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

WTF? Bonnie??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Napiera Danielle NAILED the spoiled, prissy bratty role of "Bonnie". I wish they'd bring her back.

Most of the time when they do casting calls, though, they change the character's name, which gets me to thinking if this casting call for "Bonnie" is really Bonnie...and why isn't Isaac with her? Or is this "Blaine" character supposed to be Isaac? Or is it Curtis?

I just sneaked a peak at the audition scrips they're using. The one for Blaine is an old scene with Alison and Aaron right before Alison was set to marry Chris...but instead of Aaron's name, they have Blaine's.

The script for Bonnie is a more recent scene between Dusty and Jennifer. Again..instead of Jennifer's name, it's Bonnie's.

Link to the scripts: (you have to register to view, though)

http://www.jennifer-landon.com/index.php?o...=34.msg82#msg82

• Members

I really liked the last Bonnie (and if we're talking about Issac too, I liked Paul Taylor). ND was a nice fit in the role.

ATWT has made alot of questionable casting calls/additions recently to the cast like Meg, Maddie, or that BJ character but all (except Nick) have really turned out to be good decisions. I have no doubts about this one.

• Members

I also hope this means Jessica and Ben will be getting some airtime. I hated Bonnie at first but ND grew into the role quite well. ATWT had a good African-American presence up until the storyline with Marshall's daughter and the "was it rape?" ordeal.

• Members

If they can write a good story for Jessica/Ben/Bonnie, then I say go for it...recast Bonnie but they have never really given these characters good stories.

I hate it when shows put casting calls out to add ethnic diversity to their shows but end up hiring crappy actors or writing crappy stories...it seems more like some type of promotion to say, "Hey, the stories aren't great...but at least we're multicultural!"

• Members

I'm pretty sure the actor who plays Ben was fired, so whatever storyline they decide to do he probably won't be included. He's one of their best male actors, but they don't seem to care for him. ATWT needs really strong male actors, he could've fit the bill, but oh well.

• Members

Ben was dropped to recurring. I had hoped that they would bring him back as Barbara's neurosurgeon when she was in the hospital. Instead, they got a day player who was also an African-American neurosurgeon.

I don't know why they haven't been using Jessica. I wonder if JP has any plans for her, or if the actress is just busy with Law and Order?

Archived