ATWT: Casting news (SID)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just got this from TvGuide.com................

I find it interesting tha they're not bringing back Isaac since the last time we saw Bonnie, she came to pick up Sarah and she and Isaac were not only going to get married, but adopt Sarah.

If this is indeed a recast of the role, I'll be highly upset...Napiera nailed that role and I would love to see her return.

And this Blaine character must be Jade's father since Jade is bi-racial...and Blaine is African American. Maybe he and Bonnie will hook up.

• Members

I hope that the reason why they're recasting Bonnie is because ND doesn't want to come back. I really liked her as Bonnie. And I'd be happy to see the character to come back because she and Jen were really good friends. Plus, Lisa's her godmother, so hopefully that will be more airtime for EF.

And as for this Blaine character, I thought that the OPD didn't have the funds to get another cop. I hope that Jack gets his job back before this new character comes along, or maybe that Nick gets canned.

• Members

I liked Napiera as Bonnie too. She nailed the role. I can't figure out why ATWT is so quick to recasts now instead of seeking the vets back unless their budget is too tight to hire a vet and must go with a newcomer. I'm sure it would cost more to bring a former player back than to just hire a newcomer in the role.

I love Grayson McCouch but would give anything to have Brian Bloom back as Dusty. And Jennifer Ashe back as Meg would have been really good.

I am sure there is a reason they are hiring someone new but it sure would have been good to have Napiera back.

• Members

Napiera was really miscast as Bonnie. I found her unbelievable as the daughter of Jessica and Duncan. I could see Elena Goode playing Bonnie, except she's not a great actress.

Bonnie left the show and married Isaac. Isaac was one of my favorite characters. I'd rather see him return for Emily than Bonnie to return.

But mostly I'd like them to invent some children of Frannie and Sabrina to beef up the Hughes family or bring back Adam and Lien so Tom and Margo would have more to do.

• Members

Talking about inventing children for Frannie and Sabrina makes me think about the children born on the show that I can't believe have never once been SORASED and brought on the show and that is any of the quadruplets of Annie Stewart & Jeff. Their names were Gregory, Lowell, Nancy, and Maria. I never believed that any writer would bring back all 4 of them at the same time, but it just amazed me that not one of them was ever brought onto the show. I know they were born in about 1983, so not really sure what their SORASED age would be now, but it would have been neat to have them around since they were a soap first.

• Members

I'd say somewhere between 30 and 35. Katie was born in 1989 and is in her late 20s, but Emily was born in 1975 and is in her mid 30s, so I'm guessing 1983 would be roughly around 32-34.

I have vague memories of Bonnie. It'll be great to have someone back for Jess to interact with.

Archived