Y&R: January 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was an attack on PJA, actually, and posters don't need to "relax" when they disagree with others.

If PJA thinks Billy Miller is a good actor, fine. If others think he's lousy, fine. But just because more posters disagree doesn't make them "right." I have to laugh at posters who gang up on someone like PJA with their snark and superior knowledge about what makes good acting.

• Members

A the love of Billy's life is kidnapped because of his screw ups and he is not needed for the plot? I could see if he was in a coma or dead, then the writers can get away with not having Billy around/involved. But when he is alive and well out of town and only a phone call could/should make him come running...no.

• Members

Again, you are failing to see or consider what I am saying.

You are taking this way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far and seriously. Unless I specifically said one's opinions are invalid or that my judgments are (inevitably) objective, please don't say I did.

ALL I am discussing is the fact that a lot of viewers cannot differentiate between actor & character, as well as personal opinion versus actual skill. I never said anything about specific judgments or who's "better." I was just attempting to have a discussion on acting skills that was not based on "I like him, so he's good. End of. IMO." For example, I think Tom Cruise has turned in some very good performances. But I really dislike him. It's that easy.

But apparently a message board is not the place for that?

Please. Cue the violins.

Exactly. Some people are just too easily willing to play victims, acting as if any expression of disagreement is becoming a gang, and that's what gets old, fast.

• Members

Wouldn't have made the storyline any less terrible than it already was. Besides Billy was there for the kidnapping story. He was the one who gave her the insider information which caused her to go out of town. When she got kidnapped, he was the one who went to Nikki to try to get the ransomed money. He was also the one who went with to nick to save her. Not sure why you say he wasnt' there when he was.

• Members

I wasn't the one who said that you were ganging up on me BUT saying things like relax as if I'm upset or not allowed to express an opinion is condescending as well as being told my opinion is wrong. But don't worry, I have a thick skin.

Archived