Another Y&R actor out??

• Members

Where exactly did this horseshit about Braeden and Maura West come from? I never believed that. Eric Braeden is a lot of things, but I've never had a peep about that man doing anything like that. He's of the old school.

The GH story is very old and very, very vague on details and I don't feel like recounting it. It's out there. It had to do with some of his scene partners being made uncomfortable. Alison Sweeney, Lisa Rinna, Kristian Alfonso, Jensen Buchanan, maybe Lisa Peluso, the list of people allegedly having issues with RKK goes on and on.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not saying Eric Braeden is a saint, far from it. I'm saying that that story has no basis in reality, much like 99% of the crazier [!@#$%^&*] Nelson Branco comes up with. If you believe Doug Davidson assaulted him I have a bridge to sell you. And you're still not telling me where exactly this Maura West claim came from.

• Members

Vee, Nelson tweeted after interviewing MM that a Y&R actor had his love interest fired when she refused to sleep with him. Then when the interview was posted and Muhney brought Maura West and Eric Braeden into it, people assumed thats who Nelson was talking about. The implication seemed pretty obvious to me, but now Nelson says that's not who he was talking about and that the actress was later re-hired on Y&R.

• Members

All I'm saying is I find everything Nelson Branco's ever said to be extremely suspect. He's not well, IMO, and he's beyond out on the fringe of the already very fringe soap press now and everyone knows it. It makes a lot of sense that he's the only one who will go near Muhney if something like this rumor is true. DC might have if Logan hadn't warned them off; they're that immature and foolish, but only Branco is truly crazy.

If it is true, then in Branco's mind what he brought up is obviously a rationalization and passive-aggressive apologia for Muhney's behavior.

• Members

Jill always repped for RKK with similar allegations, so the mention of that pinged my radar. I can see her doing that again; she's no friend to women, IMO. I can see her thinking they could "settle it internally." But it's hard to know whether that's the case here and she was a fan of Muhney, or whether ultimately whatever happened served her purposes. She wasted no time letting Miller walk when he thought he could use the show as an ATM. But she loves some men and doesn't care for others.

• Members

Well she must've known the huge commotion this would cause. I'm sure everybody did. There was no way to handle it, so they just shut up for the most part and ultimately, he has buried himself. I'm glad they didn't speak sooner, because once word truly gets out of what he did, he'll have done this himself. He should've shut up and said he was leaving for storyline dictated reasons and go quietly and classy.

• Members

The answer is that he doesn't keep getting hired by "anyone". He keeps getting hired by Jill Farren Phelps. And now Frank Valentini, but he was only on two or three days.

And in short doses, as Stavros, he is admittedly very effective. (Jill had originally planned for Stavros to be on the show long-term when she hired RKK in 2001, which was an utterly insane idea for both story and IRL reasons IMO.) Perhaps if/when he is brought back next, they can install an invisible glass partition for scenes featuring Stavros and human women.

I found it really distasteful when some of the online press were saying people just needed to suck it up about RKK and GH needed to put him on contract. It's not like any of this is news. I think he is very, very good in the role but I can't honestly say that he belongs on a contract after all the stories that precede him.

Archived