GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes we saw Cabot and Trisha.

To "ease the pain" of those she thought were suffering like she was, Gwyneth used various complex and macabre ways of killing the victims (ie Jeremyt he artist became a living state, her son Curtis who was in a sanatorium was drowned in a hydro therapy enclosed tub, etc). I believe Cabot and Isabella were given sleeping drugs... But no radioactive poisoning or whatever

• Members

I thought it was a sweet and fun little thing to do, the Loving tie-in. I believe Ron truly loves the soaps and I thought it was a lovely thing to do. But that doesn't mean I stop critiquing the show at large. Admiring his love for these shows and respect for their history doesn't constitute shielding him from direct and harsh criticism. I've seen both sides of Ron Carlivati's talent all too well. The sublime more and more often goes hand in hand with the plain awful.

• Members

I was talking to some people on Twitter about Loving and All My Children, and those crossovers and one of them showed this

http://popcultureaddictlifeguide.blogspot.com/2012/10/death-of-soap-opera-loving-murders.html?spref=tw

Those were very carefully thought of murders, surprising there never was a serial killer s/l quite like this anymore, I could be wrong

• Members

Why though? Who would they bring on and how would it make any sense and why does GH need more characters. I don't want to see Loving ruined :( Gwyn is dead. Ava is about the only viable character who didn't move to New York and is alive... Its not like PC where they claim they wanted to tie up some tings for fans (which they didn't.)

As for PP doing Loving, I would love that but it makes no sense--the show simply had such a small audience. I guess ABC prob has rights to the characters but Nixon never did sell Loving/The City to ABC. I think she should play hardball with GH and tell them to stop using her characters :P

• Members

I'm 75% sure. I mainly remember the animatronic King Kong picking up Ava (a homage to Ryan's Hope's King Kong/Deliah story?) But I think it was one of the times they tried to make Ava/Jeremy work (shortly before Gilbert, his evil twin came on.) However Alex would make sense, since--either as Alex or when he pretended to be Clay, he was Ava's main romance.

Archived