GH Promo: Now, Sonny wants to be tough :(

• Members

Right, that's weird. At the same time, this issue raises another problem. None of the people who would normally raise a fuss about this have real relationships with each other yet. The writers were in such a rush to throw MiKi together that they didn't care about the story potential or lack thereof at all.

I can't help but contrast it to GL's Jammy. A couple I didn't care for, but at least there was story there. Reva and Cassie had a sisterly relationship. It caused problems for them that their children were together. AJ and Franco have no relationship, Jason isn't around. Tracy may make a snide comment or two, but she doesn't have any real family relationship with any of the people involved. I can't speak for anyone else, but it's going to be a couple of months before I care much about what Ava feels on any topic.

Then you have Sonny and Carly who want to pretend that biology doesn't matter, so they can justify taking Michael from AJ, in the first place.

This story should have waited a good six months, until KiKi, Ava and Franco (Lord have mercy) were established characters with some emotional ties. As it stands, it's hard for me to really care that Michael is hooking up with some strange girl he never met before. Yet, some people will have a bad reaction to this, so why freak those viewers out when there isn't much emotional fallout to be had anyway?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived