AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think as a kid I only liked Laurel because she reminded me so much of HBS/Nora, who was immediately one of my favorites on OLTL. In fact, Felicity LaFortune subbed for Hillary years later under JFP.

• Members

Oh, I know why everyone absolutely hated Laurel (and I mean hated her) on USENET back in the day. It just didn't register for me as a kid.

Natalie was never really on my radar. Kate Collins was already gone and then she was dead right when I started watching, IIRC - it all gets kind of hazy.

• Members

Ryan and Erica was not nearly as revolting to me as Erica and Charlie Brent. Erica engaged to the man who was technically once her stepson? The man who was the brother of the baby she miscarried? The man who would have been her stepgrandson had Nick not broken off their engagement and left town? Erica dumping Charlie at the altar and then making out on the sofa at Linden with Nick was so bizarre, especially when you realize that she had far more chemistry with Nick than she did with Charlie. I didn't necessarily dislike Ryan and Erica - I just didn't really see a point in it, although I loved Greenlee losing her mind over them being together.

I thought Phantom Erica was a little over the top - they could have accomplished the same thing with bandages and no mask - but I loved the idea of her dealing with the idea of not being attractive and having to cope with possibly losing a large part of what she felt made her who she was. I especially loved her dumping David down a laundry chute and tied him up in a vise in her basement. Those scenes in the basement were just riveting! The whole revelation about David's father was so brilliantly done, with Erica feeling compassion for the man she wanted to harm and Vanessa overhearing all of it and reacting to it. Plus Phantom Erica led to David and Erica as a couple, and they were one of my favorite AMC pairings. :)

• Members

YaYa Decosta (Alafia) Cassandra Pregnant

Congratulations to Yaya (Cassandra) and her husband Joshua on the upcoming birth of their first child. YaYa just completed a nice role in a major movie, The Butler. She chooses her projects carefully. She left AMC because she got a major role in a big Broadway play. She went back to Paris to live with her father Jacob. She did a wonderful job, albeit short term. Congrats Yaya, you looked great on the Red Carpet with Oprah and cast.

• Members

Eden Riegel's fan club luncheon was scheduled for Aug 24th in Stamford (so I think safe to say she was going to be taping next round). Today she tweeted that it has been canceled because her "shooting schedule has changed".

So it doesn't look like AMC will be back in production this month.

Archived