This Week on General Hospital... 1/22/13

• Members

I like Sabrina more then Brit. Just because Brit is an atrocious person, I don't really care about the agenda. She's a horrible human being. This propping argument is so silly to me, it doesn't change what's actually being written. It would be different if the show tried to show anything redeemable about Brit, but she's a horrible person to Sabrina, to Emma and even in an indirect way to Patrick. It's not even about Sabrina so much as the fact that Brit is completely devoid of any kind of moral background.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And what I am saying is that it makes no sense to love a character who has no redeemable qualities just because of the perceived view of propping (I have many issues with this idea of propping in general if you write a story it's automatically propping because a writer designs to elicit certain emotions from the audience threw their characters and their characterizations for instance). The propping excuse doesn't make Britt any more viable as a character and doesn't make what she is doing right in any particular context and it doesn't change what is happening in the story. That's what I am talking about. It's not rational or reasonable to condone the actions of Britt just because of a grudge held against a head writer. These are two different universes we are talking about. If you want to hate the show and the characterization as well as the writing -- fine that makes sense but keep that to this universe, don't let that reality carry over to what is happening in a fictional setting onscreen.

• Members

Wow! That's pretty dramatic. I'm not one to use "propping" lightly, but that's exactly what is happening here. Who cares about Brit? Certainly not me, but because the deck is so obviously stacked against her, she is who I will root for. There is no triangle when 1/3 is so unlikable, you have no choice but to not want her to win. I don't care if Brit doesn't win, but I'd like Sabrina dead! She's a stupid cliche that probably can't stand alone as a character.

• Members

Ive rooted for several of his psychos, Heather being the most recent. Not his material, but Lisa was the last psycho stuck on Patrick and I loved her and when she took hostages. I dont have issues with that, especially if she is torturing the unbearable Sabrina

Archived