B&B: 2 Guiding Light actors join the show

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked their story on GL. Yes, it was poorly written, but all the stories at the end were. I thought they had nice chemistry together and Christina was the type of young female character who drew me into GL (albeit not as good). Young women tended to annoy the hell out of me on GL starting when overrated Brittany Snow came in.

They did a webseries called Wedlocked a few years ago. It was fun. You should check it out.

• Members

The Wedlocked aspect had me wondering if they were now some sort of Sherman and Isabel packaged deal. :P

I noticed that he was in L.A. and had put up some new professional photos on FB, but he has yet to make this announcement.

• Members

I loved these two! I'm excited, but I wish Lawrence was just a Marcus recast. He is SO sexy! I'm interested in seeing where this goes. Since they're on contract I have to hope they at least try to make a go of this. Maybe I'll get my wish of Dayzee going back to Thomas. If they integrate these four black characters in with the whites, you could have a strong younger set. I just wish Amber were still around as well.

• Members

I remember people talking about him being a Marcus recast when GL was first cancelled. The characters and actors have similar qualities, it will be interesting to see how well B&B differentiates the writing for Marcus and Lawrence's new character.

• Members

B&B does a better job with their black characters than any other soap, which isn't saying much I know LOL. Brad Bell has a one track mind so nobody gets any long term focus unless it's part of that main vision for him. Compared to other supporting characters he gives his black characters similar things to do. On other soaps which have 30 more minutes to burn it seems more like they purposely don't feature their black characters. I appreciate that Brad Bell is trying lots of new things even with his half hour. He even has Joanna Johnson and Crystal Chappell coming back next month. I know he can't give all these stories frontburner attention, but at least he gives these actors good stuff to work with.

• Members

How are they doing a better job with their black characters than any other soap? The black characters can't even get their own storyline for more than 2 seconds. Having them stand around doing nothing the majority of the time while commenting about the lives of white characters is not what I consider a good job.

• Members

Lawrence would be well matched with Hope, though I don't think he's time enough for Steffy. I could see KM with TB, but see, the casting of KM and LSV seems almost superfluous as they are similar in type to Marcus and Dayzee. Simply put, they just cannot be written like Remy and Christina. They need to be naughty to make this work.

• Members

The leads are Brooke, Katie, Bill, Liam, Hope, Steffy and now Thomas, Caroline and Rick. Those are the people consistantly on the frontburner. Outside of that group, the black characters are rotated in like everybody else. By B&B standards and considering it's a half hour show, it's not bad. We have Dayzee/Thomas, the triangle with Dayzee/Marcus/Amber, Rosie's birth, a wedding for Dayzee & Marcus and the texting story. Plus they regularly appear supporting the main characters stories.

DAYS and GH have no black story and Y&R, for an hour show, does a terrible job.

Archived