Y&R Promo: Sharon/Chelsea/Adam

dm.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't get me wrong here. I was absolutely disgusted with the Shadam pairing, but there is a long history of those sick couple (Luke/Laura, Todd/Blair, Christine/Michael, Christine/Paul and countless others = honestly, I'm surprised that Bianca didn't turn straight and fall in love with her Baby Daddy/rapist). That being said, they have a huge fanbase and they can't have Sharon sitting on the sidelines for a year for some new guy to get established (because there is anyone left for her to sleep with in town). MAB created a huge mess with the damage done to characters like Adam and Sharon so they kind of need to work with whats on the canvas. I've also said that it will take 12-18 months to reposition the show make the previous reign of terror the past. (Of course, just like every "new" regime during the past decade, the fans will be balking at every turn.)

• Members

One of the reasons Y&R traditionally was far and above the others was that they didn't and never catered to fan bases.exactly how big is an fan base to make a huge difference. Even if Shadam has 10,000 fans, big deal. Victor and Nikki spent years apart and I'm guessing they probAbly have a lot more universal support than any current couple on this show. If its about fan base size why not Sharon and Nick then.

There's no reason we needed to see Sharon's bipolar story as a frontburner story. None of this is about rebuilding Sharon. If it were the story would be about her. It reminds me of when Sharon slept with 3 men and then threw her in the mental hospital to supposedly justify her behavior only to watch her child get stolen and get railroaded by Adam.

It's pretty clear they really have no idea other than Adam what to do with Sharon.

• Members

Christine and Paul were a healthy and happy pairing most of the time they were together. The "rough sex" story killed them for good and I haven't seen a lot of fan interest since.

As long as Sharon is identified by which dick she's taking, she is not a character. That is the biggest failure, even beyond Shadam.

Archived