"The Talk"- What Really Happened with Holly and Leah?

juniorz1

• Members

Does anyone know the inside scoop on what went down with Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete, and the rest of the original cast of "The Talk"? I KNOW there's dish as to why they were let go, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm talking gossip, not the spin that was put out when they announced they were being let go.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, give me that scoop then. I'll take what I can get! :lol:

I actually thought Leah was one of the better parts of the show. I like Sara Gilbert, but she was TERRIBLE in the beginning. If it weren't for Leah and Sharon, it would have been a total snooze. I actually thought Leah loosened Julie up as well.

• Members

I'm glad they are gone though, Sheryl and Aisha just add the extra spark, Holly and Leah were boring. The show has been on a roll since season 2, one of the most entertaining talk shows on TV. They all work well together, and it is truly like one big party every day. They've definitely moved away from the whole "being a mother" aspect they jammed down our throats the first season, and it was for the best. They are a likable, more lively version of the view.

• Members

I absolutely agree and the ratings do too. The show has hit its stride and is confident, fun, talk...CBS was so right to fire Leah and Holly, neither of whom I like and both of whom scored horribly in focus groups. The gossip was that Leah hit the roof and accused Sharon of masterminding their firing, which Sharon brushed off like lint on one of her Chanel suit jackets...ultimately, Leah made an ass of herself while Holly kept her dignity.

They really are a less scripted, West Coast version of The View and the difference in tone is so much more enjoyable.

• Members

I actually really like her, yes the show has strayed from her original vision, but considering The Talk has boomed since it's second season I'm sure she doesn't care too much, she does benefit the most from it.

I think she really provides a "grounded" feeling to the show, but even she lets loose and cracks everyone up. She is quick witted and I love her relationship with Sheryl, the other day the skit they did together with Shemar Moore was hilarious.

My least favorite is Sharon, I mean SHE IS NEVER THERE. I don't know how she gets away with it, but that woman is hardly there half the time.

Archived