Y&R Vet Cut From Show!!

• Members

RESTLESS VET EXITS

Scoop! The Young and the Restless cast and crew gathered on the set this week to share a farewell cake for soap vet Jerry Douglas. TVGuide.com has learned that Douglas — who has played Jabot Cosmetics tycoon John Abbott since 1982 — was let go due to a story-line-dictated twist.

Spoiler alert! As viewers already know, John shot the vile Tom Fisher (Roscoe Born) and refuses to allow his daughter Ashley (Eileen Davidson) to cover for him by assuming the blame. The Abbott patriarch's reward for ridding Genoa City of human scum? A seven-year prison sentence. Although it's sad to see this beloved pro go, Douglas has been woefully underused for years. At least Y&R is sending him out with a juicy bang!

-TVGuide

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not devestated by this news! Maybe this is why Traci is coming home. Jerry Douglas has had an amazing revival thanks to Joan Van Ark's brilliant idea to put Gloria with John, but now that she's gone, JoGlo sucks.

It'll also be nice seeing a character go to jail for a change! This should be a heartbreaking storyline to watch.

Hopefully they'll get rid of Pomerania now! God, I'm going to pray on that and I don't even pray! :lol:

• Members

Oh ick!! Please tell me you're joking!

Jerry Douglas always creeped me out a bit. Too much work done. And even in the recent couple years when he had a supposed storyline, he was only onscreen during the moments when something was revealed. Otherwise during the bulk of the storyline, it involved other people (Gloria, now Ashley) working hard to keep the secrets from leaking out. I think this story twist might be good.

• Members

Jerry Douglas COULD work as Mickey. It'd sure revitalize the character. No offense to John Ingle, cause he's great when given the material, but he's honestly still Edward to me, LOL. He's just too animated and goof-ballish, It's so hard seeing him as Mickey. Hell, I even bought the tempMickey as Mickey more than Ingle.

But that sucks Y&R is letting Jerry Douglas go. He really did good work when given the material. I can't see him being that highly paid (JMO) so it's kind of a head-scratcher. Why get rid of the patriarch of the Abbotts. I know he was MIA in the mid 90s but still... Jack Smith is starting to irritate the hell out of me with his storylines.

• Members

Oh, HELL, NO!!!! Uh, uh! NO! NO! NO!

They better be sending that bobblehead packing, too! If she stays and they make that twit the matriarch of the Abbott family, I'm gonna... :angry::angry::angry:

I'm not too surprised about them writing off John. I was surprised that they even brought him back a few years ago, especially since he hasn't really had any story since. My only regret is that they didn't have John kill the Glohag instead.

Archived