Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point, I think Lauren needs to go too. It would be easy, Bregman is only recurring.

But, come on, I have no interest in the stories and characters anymore. I'll just tune in from time to time to see what Jill and Griffith are doing, with no real investment.

This show will never recover from Maria and Latham's previous mismanagement.

• Members

Bill Bell always knew how to have heart in his writing. I think that got lost a little in the 90s but the story with Victor's mother was very touching. Today she'd probably be a money grubbing bitch who is beaten to death.

• Members

Yeah, we all know how successful Sony has been in managing its soaps. The worst thing they could do is turn Y&R "upside down." They'd do well to bring in SSM and other old Bell writers to stabilize what JFP will try to do to this show. She's a disaster wherever she lands. She'll be no less on Y&R.

• Members

Y&R has already been turned "upside down" by Maria (and the Bell's) incompetent management. Whatever JFP and company will supposedly do, is just added value at this point.

I don't think the show in its current form is salvageable, so I accept that we'll never see the Y&R of old again.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone can claim that the current Y&R resembles the same show Bill Bell once wrote. Hell, it doesn't resemble the one Jack Smith once wrote.

Archived