Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think if RC played Victoria, JFP would make sure she was written for better than AH has been. I think we might see a more Heather Tom-ish version of the character. And I say that as someone who has enjoyed AH.

:lol: I didn't know you knew about that.....Guess everyone here's got my number!

• Members

She doesn't look nearly as young as Amelia Heinle. If they wanted her to play Diane or someone okay but she would not work as Victoria at all. I think this conversation is silly though cause it won't happen. RC might go to Y&R but I don't think they'd ever bring her on as a Victoria recast. Usually if Y&R messes with the age of actors playing a character for a recast, they go younger (see Diane Jenkins).

Who are the giggly stans? It's well documented that I hate Phyllis and MS hasn't been good in years. Doesn't make this casting idea any less ridiculous.

• Members

You mean the role that was originated by the much older Alex Donnelly?

Wait, the assumption is that I am a Phyllis stan because I think casting RC as Victoria would be dumb? LMAO! The only Y&R character anyone could accuse me of being a hardcore fan of are Nikki, Jack, or Nina. Girl, bye.

• Members

Well, I love Gabrielle on OLTL and Anna on GH--two British babes (well okay British-Argentinean in Gabrielle's case, although I guess Anna/Fin is British-Irish, too) played by actresses with the initials FH (not to mention similar first names--Fiona and Finola).

I'm just saying--two plus two DOES equal four :D .

• Members

Aww, it's nice to know I was missed! :P

Worry if she brings Mark Collier and I don't show up til page 19.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, like a couple of others, I'm really curious about what she does with the show visually. It's been a mess ever since LML gutted the old style of Y&R direction (which won them, like, a gazillion Best Directing Emmys). I think some producers and directors are gonna get woken up over there and I'm all for it. I hope they are.

I seriously doubt the FOJs scenarios, even the Robin Christopher one. While RC has grown on me over the years (my first impression of her was as AW's Lorna, an unrecastable role), I can't see her as the daughter of Nikki & Victor. If anything, I'd like to see her in a completely new role.

I'm not sure how much value Griffith will see in Ashley- wasn't she written out before he came on board and brought back after he left? I'm pretty sure she was, so I'm not sure he'd see her value anymore. I'd like to see Brenda Epperson return, but I have to admit it would be bittersweet without Don Diamont there. I've told Brenda she should get her people to pitch her as Kristen Forrester on B&B. I think she'd be pitch perfect for that part and would kill to see a Kristen/Bill pairing. It could seriously invigorate the entire canvas if played right.

Again, as others have said, Y&R can't get any worse and while I'm not a huge fan of Griffith's last run, he must have been doing something right because MAB's first 6 months were great. Now that we know she's a complete hack, perhaps some credit is due JG for setting everything up that MAB executed. Plus, wasn't he her co-HW before Sheffer came on board 6 months in?

I pray and hope that JFP falls in love with Jessica Collins like I have because Avery is a character that has legs on this canvas, more than just the go-to attorney that Michael has become. My hunch with Jess Walton is that she's safe as long as she wants to come back and I don't see MTS going anywhere. Genie, on the other hand, will be interesting. IF I were a member of the soap press, I'd be salivating to get her comment on JFP coming aboard. Then we'd see just how good of an actress she actually is. Michelle Stafford is another wild card- I'm not sure how NLG & JFP got along at GH, but she'll give Stafford the skinny on Jill and MS will play the game like she has for years. Like her or not, she's a pro at keeping herself relevant in the soap community.

My curiosity has been piqued that's for damn sure. Can Jill produce great soap once again when left mostly to her own devices? Or will it tank and be a Jump The Shark moment for all soaps? It's gonna be interesting, that's certain....

Archived