Bare Butts on Soaps

• Members

Guiding Light (which was on at 10am where I live) had Colton Scott's (I think) ass briefly and Eden covered it up. I think Sesame Street was on PBS around the same time. Glad that ass thing ended. I mean I am all for nudity but at pre-watershed hours, it's a bit stupid to me. I think the bare butt scenes on Y&R were during it's primetime special if I am not mistaken.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know. sad.png JR and Annie at least had some good hip thrusting going on. Most of AMC's couples didn't even have that. I watched David and Erica on Libidizone via youtube the other day and almost died because it was SO much hotter than anything I'd seen on there in a long time.

• Members

But as Ella points out, they regressed. They were MUCH more risque in the late 80s into the 90s than the past while. And yeah, AMC was odd--I admit I found the daily excuse for shirtlessness on One life annoying, but AMC the last few years had like 6 scenes *a year* lol. I mean they hired someone like Jordi and in the web intro for his character seemed to make it clear they hired him mainly for his chest, and then I think he had one scene in the show. I don't think partial nudity could have saved AMC or any soap (as OLTL proved) but a part of me thinks they could have sexed it up a bit more... (Yes, that one random Cosgrove scene stood out all the more due to the fact).

Now I have to track down youtube clips :P

Archived