GH: triangle in the works

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Luke to me is ALL about nostalgia and nothing about who we see today because this Luke is not particularly compelling, interesting, or likable much less worthy to be at the center of a triangle. I think Luke should have been killed off long ago which actually would have fit the character to a tee. Him dying in quest of saving his family or in some heroic act would have made sense years ago.

• Members

Ya, he accidentally ran over Jason & Elizabeth's son, Jake. However, only a handful of people know Jason was Jake's father; everyone else thinks he was Lucky's, Luke's firstborn child, son . . . so Luke accidentally killed his grandchild (but he doesn't even necessarily think of Jake that way, since they weren't related by blood ohmy.png). Luke's been a drunk for forever, but his drinking has become pronounced in recent years, and former head-writer, Bob Guza made this an alcoholism arc. But Luke, to this day, will not even entertain that the accident was because he had been drinking earlier. Luke's a total SOB, but I actually think it works for him post-Laura. He's not sympathetic rootable, but I don't think he needs to be. Anyway, I think this story was honestly too dark for daytime and the writers' and producers' network limitations showed. The story was horrifying and degrading, and not in a good premium cable show kind of way.

BUT, he doesn't deserve Anna Devane. Nothing against Tracy or Holly, but if Luke's going to be in romances, it should be with broads like that, not Anna. I don't know what she's thinking . . .

And I do think Luke & Anna have a pretty invented history, esp. considering her actual AMC history is being ignored.

Archived