GH: Casting news - exit?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was a nothing character anyway. GH never really used him until Garin Wolfe came along and then he was fleshed out a little. I hope he goes back to DOOL. As for GH and Patrick, Patrick is nothing but a walking and talking prop for Robin Scorpio, so since she is off the show we are currently watching Patrick at his full potential.

• Members

True, Scotty's past history might not be worth remembering. OTOH, I believe very strongly that you must honor the audience's intelligence and memory at all costs. Not every current DAYS fan watched and/or remembered Rick Hearst as Scotty way back when, but I feel like enough did to object to someone as relatively young as Brannon coming in and assuming the role. That's like me objecting to Mike Horton still being in his late 20's nearly forty years after the role was originally SORAS-ed for Wesley Eure (and I wasn't even alive to see that happen!).

• Members

For most soaps I believe that, but because DAYS is so ruthlessly effed up in the age department, I'll do anything to get Brannon back on my television. I admit to my obvious bias, but that's just the way it is.

Why don't you think he'd be a good Shawn-D though? The character, if you could call him that, has never been much of anything. A strong actor like Brannon could finally give him some life.

• Members

It's weird, I know, but I do that old writers' trick of putting one actor's picture next to another (in my mind, if not in reality). In this case, I put Chad Brannon's pic next to Rick Hearst's, and suddenly, I see how their relationship as father and son has played out in a way that I can't if I were to place him next to Peter Reckell. That way, if and when I, as imaginary HW and/or EP for DAYS, can coax Hearst into returning, I know where Scotty can work most effectively on the canvas, and how.

• Members

Men don't have split personalities - that's for those silly things with the lady parts.

Spinelli will rape her out of love.

Spixie is one of the most toxic and degrading, depressing relationships I have ever seen.

• Members

Not too upset about this news as JC's comments made it seem like he was considering leaving. I really liked him on DAYS but his hiring at GH just reeked of frons trying to reteam Shelle over Spixie because of his idiotic perceptions that Bradford wasn't "hot" enough for her. The character was never well developed although I liked the recent Liz friendship. Hoping this means a Spixie reunion (although I'm less excited without KS) and Shawn D's return to Salem.

• Members

There was a guy named Billy Milligan who was MPD. I'm sure you could google him. He had ten personalities and one of them was a lesbian nurse who raped a woman. I believe you're generally right, and that far fewer men than women split like that.

I could not stand to look at Spixie but part of that is because I really don't like either BA or KS. Hopefully they won't make JL work with his sad non-acting butt.

Archived