GH: Casting news - exit?

• Members

I wasn't speaking of real life - I was talking about on soaps. RC only likes to write hot women and hot rape.

I just hate everything about Spixie - a mentally broken woman who has to constantly be "saved" by a man who only finds her worthwhile if he can rape her. He has even almost killed her and yet he is still supposed to a great guy.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I hate Maxie/Jar Jar Binks because it was this show's "clever" way of reinforcing the same bullsh!t that characterized most of the relationships on the show - that a woman ought to be grateful that said guy is giving her the time of day. Sure, they make it seem as if Jar Jar is the only guy that can see the "real Maxie", but he's just as bad as the rest of the tools on this show that objectify their women. Yet, this fool gets a pass on this (as well as all the underhanded sh!t that he has pulled) because he is a misunderstood "freak" instead of the passive-aggressive jackass that he really is.

Was Matt the most interesting guy on the show? No, but he actually treated Maxie like a real girl who had a brain instead of a silicone sex doll without any.

Yep, I can see Maxie's IQ plummeting as we speak....SMDH again.

• Members

He set up a situation where she would be seriously injured, all so he could "save" her. And when she almost died, because of what he set up, the focus was on what a victim he was.

I've never understood how anyone could support this pairing after that. He had so little regard for her that he was fine with killing her, just to keep her in line.

• Members

Well that gives that plot away, he's going to jail or after he confesses and saves Maxie goes on the run.

Unless they get Kirsten Storms to come over on DAYS no point in bringing JC back.

• Members

I would like to see the characters of Shawn and Belle back onscreen. Especially since their parents have become the core of the show. Based on twitter alone, it seems Kirsten Storms and Farah Fath have resolved their feud, so it could be an opening for that group to come back. I've never been a fan of Mimi's, but I would like to see that age range (late 20s) back on Days. Especially if they can get JKJ back.

Haven't a lot of the Days contract issues been about guarantees lately? It seems that Jason Cook wants to work more part-time anyway with all the other projects he is working on. I remember reading an article once about when he left Days that he hadn't had a vacation pretty much the whole time he'd been there, which is part of the reason he ended up leaving. So if Days is looking to give fewer episodes guaranteed it might be a good fit for both parties.

Archived