ABC Fall 2012 Schedule

• Members

Yeah Happy Endings is becoming ABC's new Cougar Town LOL. But to ABC's credit when they air it after a new episode of Modern Family, it often bled a lot of the Modern Family lead in, just like Cougar Town before it. Happy Endings really isn't compatible at all with Modern Family or anything else on the Wednesday block (and neither was Cougar Town). Next season I would maybe pair up Happy Endings and B in Apt 23 and air them as part of a Comedy Block on a different night

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Happy Endings works so hard to be "cute" and have all their self-aware quips that it's difficult to like or care about most of the people involved. I never had a lot of interest in the show, but my mother enjoyed it, until she got tired of how forced it was.

• Members

Sad about GCB but happy about Body of Proof..love the show. Glad Devious Maids wasnt picked up for so many reasons...I doubt ABC wants another Marc Cherry lawsuit on their hands...lol...and I just didnt see DM doing well. I am so sick of The Bachelor ...it is worn out its welcome long long time ago...the ratings suck....of course they dont have to pay that much for the crapfest that it is.....and Dont trust the B...how could they renew that show..the ratings were dreadful....they pulled in the same numbers as GCB.

• Members

Pretty much this. Hopefully they can the show back on track.

Plus being ABC's only multi-cam (lets pretend Work-It never happened shall we?) while leading off the night was bound to make things difficult for it and factored into the renewal. I imagine they'll pair it up with Reba's multi-cam Malibu Country and/or How To Live with Your Parents multi-cam/hybrid, which should help out all shows.

• Members

"Malibu Country" really does look like a rehash of the old Reba show, but I'm cool with that. I can't wait to see her back on TV, and this is the first network sitcom that I've actively looked forward to in yeeeeeeeears.

"Nashville" and "666 Park Ave" are the only dramas that interest me, especially "Nashville." Connie Britton in a primetime soap about the country music industry? Oh yes.

• Members

Kind of surprised they passed on the Mandy Moore sitcom because as i remember it, they went after it pretty hard because she had almost went to another network.

nashville looks interesting but i do not see it lasting.

sad about GCB, but not surprised. It was a fun show, but nothing great and had a lot of issues.

So happy Scandal and Happy Endings are back, my favorites ABC has to offer.

I would be more happy about Cougar Town going to TBS but this season has been awful.

I dont think they should touch Revenge. Leave on Wed at 10pm at least for another season to establish it further.

• Members

Revenge moves to Sunday at 9. Nashville airing at 10pm Wednesday. Last Man Standing moves to Fri at 8. Apt 23 and Happy Endings get cushy slot after DWTS on Tues.

Some interesting moves. I hope it pays off for them.

Archived