Days Promo: Sami/Will/Carrie/Rafe (Wk 30th Jan 2012)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA!

Not always. Sami always was well written and in character until Hogan came along and Carrie/Hope/Marlena'd her.

Thats when Sami is at her best and most interesting and when Sweeney is at her best as well. However, She was phenomenal when Grace died.

I can not unsee this. Yes!

• Members

I dont get why people get mad that Will is crying. He saw his mom screw someone their family hates who caused a lot of pain. To say men cant cry is not only sexist but homophobic. Actor bashing should not also be allowed. To those who bash CM ort any other lets see if u can act as well, Id bet not

• Members

Oh please, get the hell over yourself.

People only get annoyed when an actor relies on the same recycled bag of tricks for every damn scene - which Massey has been guilty of for a while now. It doesn't show any range - it's lazy acting. It's not being sexist and homophobic, it's being honest. Jonathan Jackson has gotten similar criticism, are we being "sexist" and "homophobic" there?

And furthermore, no one here has bashed Massey or his family personally, it's all been relegated to his work. So get out of her with that "actor bashing" crap. Who the hell made you the moral police of this board?

As for your last point, no one here makes a living off of acting, so it's not relevant. If fans are watching a lazy actor day after day on a soap they've committed to watching, then they have every right to critique the acting technique of its performers.

• Members

I have a problem with ANYONE crying too much on a soap. It's a lazy acting trick, either that or bad writing.

The other problem is if someone cries so often that means the moments of true pain or horror are diluted, because they just cried when they dropped an egg on the floor.

Beyond tears, I just haven't been overly impressed by a lot of Massey's work. Not just the tears - the yelling, the smirks. There is a certain self-awareness where I often see him acting instead of seeing a character. He has natural talent and charisma but he performs like a parody of a soap actor, not someone who is truly channeling the role.

• Members

Wow did I hit a nerve. No offense you dont know me so save the get over it crap. I find it funny how someone will criticize a scene based on a 17 second clip without seeing it in its entirety

I do feel he has cried alot & have been happy he has been tear free of late but Im gonna wait to see Monday to judge if the cries are waranted or not

Also we will agree to disagree on Chandler. I feel he has been the main reason Ive watched lately. His stories are what are driving the show for me at this point

• Members

Ok kiddies...lets take it down a notch or ten.

I like what Chandler has brought to the table, but the crying and whining has gottin to much to watch about his mom banging some dude. But unfortunatly this is typical in the Soap world and Days. Everyone on the show cries way to much for stupid things, but that is the crap they are given. He is trying his best on the material he is given and for a new comer, he has done a pretty good job.

• Members

Well, you are the one accusing posters of being "sexist" and "homophobic" which I find highly ignorant, stupid, and offensive.

All over criticizing someone's acting? blink.png

What you don't seem to understand is that this has been a constant criticism of Massey's acting for weeks, if not months now. This has very little to do with the 17 seconds displayed on this promo, but his overall body of work lately. This promo only highlights what many of us see as his lazy acting ticks.

• Members

I guess I'm homophobic then because I definitely spent 2011 criticizing JJ for the constant tears and will do so if Massey continues down that path. Not sure how it's homophobic or if you even know what the word means, but whateves....

• Members

nobody is saying that, nobody,

what has been said is that the over use of crying on soaps takes away from the emotional impact as it becomes the norm.

while i personally dont mind will's crying as its fitting to what he is going through, it is defiantly tiring. I dont think CM is relying on it as a cheap stunt though, its just the way its written/directed. But still, it does lessen the impact of emotional scenes when its being done too much.

• Members

Since the crying is in the scripts noone can fault CM for doing what he has to. I do think the writers have used it a lot but not as much as GH did with JJ's Lucky. He cried two years straight and thats the reason JJ left

I know what homophobia is the fea of . Just saying the sterotype that men cannot cry is also related to homophobia

Never said YOU were Homophobic. Just saying that Thinking Men shouldnt cry cause they need to be masculine has a underlining of Homophobia attached to it, IMHO

Archived