OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 10

• Members

I hate Stacy, Rex, and Gigi. I'm just skipping every scene in that story. If they want to do a soul switch or plastic surgery story, I'd rather see Crystal Hunt in either role than Farah Fath. I'm already dreading Farah Fath's performances as Stacy, especially opposite JPL. Then again Farah as Stacy opposite JPL might be so bad that it's good.

I don't get RC's comments. In that same piece, he said "she's a villain. you're supposed to hate her." - I guess that means he wanted us to love to hate Stacy, which isn't the same thing as hating her or loving her. As for Gigi, I think TPTB love Farah Fath and Gigi/Rex.

When Tea called Starr "my daughter", I think that was FL flubbing her line. I like Tea though, so I'm probably biased. I don't mind Tea interrupting them. It's Todd Manning, so the story needs angst. Nothing with Todd/Blair (or Todd/ANYONE) should be rushed, considering Todd's history.

It's nice seeing Tina and Cord again. But I'd still rather see Tina with Cain instead of Cord. I just love Cain Rogan too much.

I can't even remember the last time I saw Nora. She's reduced to being a prop for Destiny's Child, and even that story is never on anymore. And when's the last time we heard anything on Matthew? When will he wake up and get better?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm afraid you may be right.

This show is so disjointed and has been for some time....storylines are picked up and dropped without any rhyme or reason. Nora, Destiny, Matthew? Aubrey, Rama, Cutter? Tina, Cord?

Some of these people go weeks at a time without being seen....at this rate, Destiny will be going into labor by the time we see her again. :lol:

• Members

I FF thru most of Regi junk but did catch Delphina makes a big point out of not being able to contact Gigi's ghost/soul. Betting RC says Stacy went brain dead and Gigi's soul slipped in her body. This is obviously another Heaven Can Wait rip off Ugh.

• Members

Ha, I was finally right about something...

Yeah, pretty boring episode. Liked seeing Roxie and Echo for some reason. The Stacy and Gigi thing, beyond being absurd, would at least have been a kinda genuine soap WTF shock moment if they had done it at least a month back--as has happened a lot with RC, particularly lately, we already all had guessed this ages back, so it loses any intended surprise element. And I'm not really looking forward to finding out why she had it done (I guess crazy Stacy's final words to Kim were "Make sure you spend all your money on making me look like Gigi so I can finally have the love of Rex if I come back", and I have a feeling Gigi's ghost will somehow take posession of the body in a story that will seem even more bizarre than when Al came back as Chris). Jack should really learn that if he wants to talk to his dad's grave about secrets outloud--at LEAST don't shout your lines like you always do, someone might hear...

Just to remind us why nobody actually misses any of that story?

• Members

I enjoyed the last two episodes of last week (with Tina being written more rationally, etc) much more than earlier in the week when I did say I was bored--but trust me, that doesn't mean I'd rather see this :P Can't there be a common ground?

I will have to accept that she's been so grief stricken and distracted that Rex being an option (even though obviously he's not) never occured to her till now, which is a valid enough reason compared to some we've had to swallow.

• Members

Kim is wearing too much clothes. Equal opportunity gratuity, right?

I do find this flashback thing a little intriguing actually, I just worry that they will make a big confusing mess of it as per usual. I didn't realize FF would continue working quite this much.

I think Roxy and Echo make for an interesting duo. Kind of reminds me of two movie stars of Hollywood's Golden Age starring together in an '80s sleuth series or something.

Still trying to shake my weird apathetic thing I've been feeling the past few days. Yesterday, I honestly felt that those pretty yellow flowers in the foyer were the highlight of the episode. laugh.png

Archived