AMC: Who Would You Cast As Kendall & Greenlee???

• Members

They're never going to let Bianca have an exciting love interest. I guess that could change with PP but even outside of soaps, there seem to be very specific rules for same-sex relationships. Outside of something like the L Word, the only time you can have vibrant or sexualized lesbians is if they exist for a man to ogle and ultimately destroy.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I don't like gay storylines on soaps. I am not gay but none of these shows have the courage or maybe as you say latitude to write a gay couple as sensual or as a fully actualized couple. Kish might have come the closest to be honest and that was ruined and pulled probably because ABC got complaints from advertisers. I don't think the audience is a factor I think no matter how many fundamentalists may be out there, I think viewers would embrace a real progressive gay relationship showcased and I don't mean a token love scene I mean the kind of writing real couples get. I think Bianca is a total win as a character but shes never really been allowed to explore that side of her in any real way. Funny how shows have no issues highlighting rapists as love interests but that they feel the need to tread water on same sex relationships.

• Members

But seriously! Now that Binks has everything she thinks she wants - a great relationship (w/ Marissa) and a home filled (and I do mean filled) with children - I think it's the perfect time for her to "do the unthinkable" and gradually -- gradually, with the right motivation -- find herself involved with a man who is sensitive to her situation with Marissa but who, like Binks, cannot deny the attraction between them nevertheless. (Lesbians do fall for men, ladies and gentlemen. It happens.)

• Members

What's more offensive? The fact that Bianca, Patron Saint of Lesbian Rape Victims, would cheat on Marissa; or that she would cheat on Marissa with a man? See, I think it's offensive how gay men are only supposed to be attracted to gay men, and gay women are only supposed to want other gay women. Truth is, human sexuality is way more complicated than that -- and yes, I believe if you did the proper job on selling the attraction between Bianca and the guy, as well as the conflicts both encounter emotionally with this, not only would some fans be torn over the triangle, some (who are not homophobic, thank you very much) might actually want Binks to be happy with him!

• Members

Ah. :)

Unfortunately, some of Erica's references, like "Oh, mother!" might go over certain people's heads, because it isn't the words that are memorable but the attitude behind them. That's why folks always quote her more outrageous lines: "I don't have the right shoes to chase Nazis," "Pine Valley isn't exactly the corner of Hollywood and Vine," "I am Erica Kane, and you are a filthy beast," etc.

• Members

I don't think there is an issue with this - I am not sure Agnes would ever go there but I just don't think Bianca has ever had a fully actualized female love interest. Maggie might have come the closest, The Reese story was awful on so many levels, and this coupling has been more about Marissa(and poor at that) than it has about their actual falling in love and relationship.

Archived