Transamerica

Keith

• Members

Wow.

Anybody see this? Great move. I'd heard of it, but I didn't really know what it was about. After my singthrough in Cambridge today, I got dragged to it. And wow, i was impressed. It just opened in Boston yesterday. Has anyone else gotten the chance to see it?

Kevin Zegers of Airbud and NBC Primteime Soap 'Titans' fame has grown to be not only gorgeous, but quite talented. This role for him was extremely meaty and he tackled it and then some. The nudity didn't hurt. And Felicity Huffman. What can I say? This cast wasjust wonderfully put together and her interpretation of the character of Bree Osbourne went through layer after layer after layer until you knew her better than you knew yourself. A Hollywood (sort of) movie that could tell a story about someone's sexuality and it's impact that didn't focus on it? Brilliant. Instead of focusing on her sexuality, they wove a brilliant story of a person and the struggles they go through toa ccept who they are and who they were and who they are going to be. The Golden Globe was well-deserved.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived