Question about laptop screens

dragonflies

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Same thing happened to me just a couple months ago. I was typing and my 5 year old nephew came up and slammed it closed. The pressure of the screen hitting my hand cracked/bent it.

I went to the Geek Squad. They said that they could fix it BUT it would be cheaper to go on Amazon/eBay, etc. and ORDER your own screen. Just search for whatever the model of the screen screen is. You look at the model of your laptop, and order the screen from an online outfit. Then take your broken/cracked laptop and the new screen to the Geek Squad and they will fix it.

It ended up costing be about 80 dollars to do it that way. Now, you can also just take it to the Geek Squad and they'll order the new screen, AND replace it, but that will be more expensive (around $150-200 vs. the 80 or 90 I payed).

Hope this helps.

• Members

I hate the Geek Squad. They took forever to fix my computer and charged me a fortune to fix it. It didn't last me a year before it was messed up again. Instead of taking it back to them since apparently the warranty had expired I decided just to buy a new computer and still haven't had a problem with it.

Archived