DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know that I agree with this. I feel like we knew Maggie would accept, so there wasn't much left to say between them. It was nice to get comments from the rest of town on them, it's back to showing how things aren't just happening in a vacuum on this show, everyone has relationships with one another. It was nice to hear that Victor asked Hope/Jen for permission and to tie in Nicole's previous marriage to Victor. Plus, the interrupted proposal gives us more drama (or at least anticipation) of next week when Victor and Maggie have to pick up and do it again after the situation at the party.

I thought it was really nice how all the other stories seemed to be informing each other and overlapping and characters were commenting on each others' stories today.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hands down, it was the best part of the episode. Stefano being amused at her reaction was hilarious. If I didn't know better... that is... if I thought these writers were finally going to utilize RJ... I would think this is all part of a master plan to make Lexie a Dimera. I can actually see Lexie thinking she has to play dirty to combat EJ's tactics at winning because she knows how her family operates. It starts off as her trying to help Abe but then it becomes all about winning for her, no matter the cost - which eventually puts her a strain on her marriage to Abeless. That would be so much fun!

• Members

There was no drama in that delay - only interruption. Sure it was nice to see the comments of others, but that could have happened AFTER Maggie said yes. Then John's drama could have happened. Not for one second to I believe we would have had a cut-away if John had proposed to Marlena, or Rafe to Sami, or EJ to Nicole, or any other couple. It was needless and did not heighten the moment at all IMO. A perfectly romantic focus on them for the only time the entire week had to be given away to the hogs.

• Members

Its amazing how refreshing a show and better writing (at least for now) can completely change things. The best moments have been the Dimera family stuff hands down. You don't have to do dark ripped from the headlines campy crap to still show that family as being ruthless. I have my doubts that it will continue, but I think they are missing a real goldmine in not using Renee Jones as a Dimera and no I don't think we are going to see her much and such a shame. She's been totally wasted these past couple of years being EJ's "loving" sibling.

And I don't care one bit about the returns. Not a John, Marlena, Carrie or Austin fan(who looks awful and he does nothing for me as an actor). I do like Jack and Missy Reeves went from lethargic, annoying, and boring to actually seeing some life in her acting again. Part of its been the writing and Jenn and Daniel are nice enough but with MA you can just see her up her game.

I do kind of agree with Remos about the Magic proposal. I know they are attempting to heighten the drama but if it was one of their A couples and there was a proposal none of the cutaways would be seen.

Once everyone goes back to their sides of the canvas it will be interesting to see how things progress going forward. Only disappointment is Nicole. I loved hearing her exert her independence but I have a feeling we aren going to see her much unless she's tied to EJ which is a shame because she's a dynamo.

Archived