OLTL: Gina Tognoni interview with Michael Fairman

• Members

I can see why she would have wanted out of GL, as her last stories weren't exactly great, Peapack must have been a nightmare, but most of all I think playing Dinah must have been very hard emotionally because she let herself go in the role. There's always been a wall between GT and Kelly.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She will never appreciate how lucky she was. Her comment that John and Kelly worked because they were both so deeply emotionally available demonstrates a frightening lack of comprehension of John's character. LOL. I don't think GT is aware of how ABC's leading ladies are subjugated so atrociously for its leading men, and it doesn't make any difference how big a star the female is, she will be sacrificed for the male star everytime. She really had a cushy deal. Best thing that ever happened to MA IMHO was bringing on John Brotherton, specifically to play her love interest. Both performers made it work and were committed. GT had that opportunity with Josh Kelly and with Tom Degnan and for whatever reason (although I have my suspicions), it failed to launch.

Archived