Soap characters misunderstood by viewers

• Members

Another thing, which kind of goes a long with this, is I feel like a lot of fans in recent years have accused writers of "propping". I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, because I know it does, but I feel like anytime someone doesn't like a character and that character is on the "good" part of a storyline while another character is doing something wrong, they are automatically using them to "prop" the character. I feel like some people read into it too much...like they're TRYING to find reasons to hate characters/writers/etc.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep that too. Courtney wasnt hated when she came on. She and AJ were very well loved but the way they villified him and had her turn against really didnt do her character any favor. She got ALOT of flack for coming in between Liason. Jason and Liz were set to finally be a couple and the show was heading in that direction and out of nowhere they abruptly end that and stick him with Courtney. People never got past that and the propping for her and overexposure over the next 2 years with the rest of the Mob Four was beyond nauseating. I didnt mind her until she got with Nikolas but then they killed her off soon after that anyway

I defiently agree with you on that but I do feel the term is very valid for Courtney. It was blatent what GH was doing with her. She was one of Frons' "pets"

• Members

I can't remember liking Courtney but at the same time I can't remember not liking her either. She was just there and she was always so boring until her triangle-affair with Jax and Nikolas started. She was just an accessory she didn't really hold any value or meaning she just existed as the token fourth member of the mob quartet.

• Members

I didn't really mind Courtney, but I also didn't like her. I only found her interesting once the Nik/Courtney/Jax triangle was going on..By that point I was actually sad when her character died..But I always preferred Sonny's brother than his sister.

Archived