B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

For B&B fans in French-speaking countries, here's a good resource https://www.soap-passion.com/amour-gloire-et-beaute/

As of now, France is at February 4, 2019, Luxembourg is at March 11, 2019, and Switzerland is at January 30, 2020. Looks like Switzerland will be getting repeats in a few months.

One of the French language channels in Canada is at March 13, 2019.

• Members

I think we are greeding with all the richess of uploads as of late. With full episodes and hundreds of consecutive ones at that. It just shows that thanks to the worldwide appeal of B&B, there is the chance to find most shows ever aired online. With patience...

Please register in order to view this content

Back to the wonderful AmySilence's uploads: I have been finishing the Deveney Dixon storyline which found its climax in episode #683. On the Polish Marek Logan channel back in the day, there were quite a bit of missing episodes and the dubbing voice sometimes prevented me from getting the actual gist. What a treat to finally see it in its entirety. And Judith Borne who played "Angela" was VERY good. A pity that they never fully put closure on that character/storyline. The ending was fulfilling but not ideal. Recasting Thorne was also quite a burden, but I think Jeff Trachta did a better job with the revelation than Clayton Norcross would have been able to deliver. What are your thoughts on the Deveney Dixon storyline?

With the next couple of episode 1989 will come to a close and some MAJOR reshuffling will start. Kristen and Mick will be dropped (THANK GOD - I now hate them more than I remembered) and Joanna Johnson's decision to leave B&B in 1990 will cause some epic but shortlived moments. It's not until long that Brooke comes into Eric's orbit. The seeds have already been layed.

• Members

I was surprised they let Deveney Dixon slip away to have a surgery! Since in my country the episodes from 1989/1990 aired like in 1992 or around i alraedy knew the story so Ridge's proposal was no surprise to me. But watching the epidoes later i see the even at the end of 1989 Eric was may be starting to develop feelings for Brooke sicne he was defending her all the time. And i was surprised that Eric and Stephanie were on good ground and then all of a sudden he did not want to kiss her or have anythig to do with her. It was a surprise for me, but was the begging for Eric and Brooke. And the Stephanie - Sally friendship starts to develop too.

Please register in order to view this content

Santa Sally!
Saying all that i see how good written was every story. Not like nowedays - starting from one point ending at onther.

• Members

It came indeed out of the blue but Stephanie was her typical meddling self back then, Eric the usual horny Brooke defending goat, so I guess: it all made perfect sense. LOL

And the build-up is still there as the marital problems started to be visible in late November and there is still some way to go until Eric hits it up with Brooke. Looking forward to the next couple of episodes...

• Members

I started watching with Brooke&Eric being married and Stephanie being a bitter b*tch, so I always liked them together even though Brooke never treated Eric with enough decency. I might have feltdifferently about Brooke&Eric if I had seen the show in chronological order, dunno. I HAAAATED Eric and Beth, though. I was totally team Stephanie during that storyline.

• Members

You're right, Thank God lol. I can't stand Mick. Considering that since he came onto the show, I've been referring to him as Kenickie shows how un-invested I am in the character lol. I did like Kristen though, but I am starting to get a little tired of her right now.

• Members

Kristen & Clarke were dynamite. Her only good story ever, though. I was impressed that Kristen & Mick even got a remote scene in 1989 at LaBrea I had never heard of before. Bill Bell surely invested in this couple but somehow everything about Mick bombed. At least, it never transpired why THREE women were so interested in him at the same time with Donna, Macy and Kristen.

• Members

I'm surprised how much I've been enjoying Kristen & Clarke's storyline (Sally has just been introduced, so I'm well behind). Dan McVicar is actually a really good actor. He's playing the humor just right. I love that Clarke is so unabashed about being a jerk and there's no pretense (so far) that he's really a good person underneath. He's just lying constantly. I feel like this is Brad Carlton, take 2, but they went all the way with Clarke and didn't try to soften him up so he could be a romantic hero.

• Members

I always liked and had sympathy for Clark. Kristen and Clark were so good paired! The only time i disliked Clark was at the very begging when he played with vulnerable Stephanie in 1987. But even then Dan McVicar had me thinking that may be Clark liked Stephanie. I also think Dan McVicar plaied his role well!