B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

I just started watching the Rotterdam episodes - when I first watched the show, the Morocco storyline and the Rotterdam storyline were my two favorites of 1994.

And while I was unimpressed by the Morocco/Princess Laila storyline this time around, I have to say the Rotterdam storyline is still epic and holds up as one of my favorite parts of the show ever. The excitement of a stadium full of people singing along to the entire concert, the backstage drama with Macy's illness, the airplane scenes that range from hilarious to heartbreaking, the awesomely heartwarming moment when lifelong rivals Eric and Sally embrace triumphantly after having saved the show together for their children's sake, Thorne and Macy's connection on and off stage, Sally being larger than life in everything she says and does... and knowing that these four actors actually did this journey and this concert together for real and that all the audience reactions are real. The show has never done anything quite like it before or since.

Edited by Videnbas

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

During my first viewing many moons ago as a teen, I was quite surprised that Stephanie and Eric were so anti-Dylan - I simply did no get the antagonism. It's not like he is a 60+ sugar-daddy, wearing ripped leather jeans and riding a bike plus having a criminal record the size of Italy - actually, I always thought that Dylan was very un-edgy.  That made it all the more ridiculous. I was still somewhat invested in that storyline. Cue to 2022, I expect to simply HATE Stephanie and Eric and be ANNOYED by Dylan and Jessica because they are super boring. Did they have anything which qualified as a set of friends or storlyine? WIth Michael's and Jasmine's arrival it got much better, but the first 10 (?) are probably dreadful.

• Members

Stephanie is lost as a character 1994 and 1995. She basically lacks a storyline and it's disturbing that Brad gives her only obsessing with a teen and her sex life. And with Brooke basically just being Happy... the show has lost all its stake and drama. Now with Taylor returning some of the antagonism and problems are coming back and I can't wait. 

But. The show has been damaged. Me and my partner agreed. It hasn't been the same the past 200...300 episodes.  RIP classic amazing Bold.

• Members

It truly is a frustrating thing to watch when two powerhouses like Stephanie and Sally have nothing better to do than fight over the love life of a 17 year old.

But other than that, I'm actually looking forward to the early 1995 storylines - Taylor returning to LA, Sheila going crazy, Ivana's murder. Those are all high stakes storylines.

Jessica's storyline is really the one that drains the energy out of the show. The rest is actually getting good right about now (I am currently watching Dec 1994 episodes). But from the moment she came on the show in the summer of -94, I felt a shift in tone. She just doesn't fit very well into the show as a whole (note that Jessica never played any part in a storyline other than her own, but *everyone* is somehow drawn into hers).

• Members

Bradley took over B&B around the time Reilly's Days was taking off so early Bradley B&B seems stale compared to what was happening on Days in that same time. We all know that Reilly's Days blew up in the aftermath of OJ and that overlapped w/ Y&R going off track and B&B tanking.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Yes, I remember that. I just am thinking the Videoland version will be even better quality than the great quality version that’s on there. It seems to be in HD when it comes from Videoland, and now that I heard that episodes are being uploaded without subtitles, it would be great to see! I’m just interested in that one because it has Sheila telling Mike about the farmhouse fire and the flashback scenes and it’s one of the very first clips I ever saw of B&B on YouTube when it was on there in less than stellar quality years ago. So it holds a bit of sentimentality. I hope the Videoland angel doesn’t skip the episode just because it’s uploaded from a different source. The colors seem to pop more on the Videoland uploads too versus any other official source.

If you’re seeing this, uploader of the Videoland episodes, please make sure to record and upload episode 1985 without the subtitles in HD when it gets added to the site!!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by ltm1997