Y&R - Loving star joins in contract role

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And Mitchell was AWFUL in the part. Jessica Collins WAS Dinah Lee. Period.

First thing that came to my mind also. Hopefully, she's replacing Vance Abrams though. I dig that she'll be Sharon's lawyer- I think Collins & Case will work well together.

If she is, then MAB- hire the man STAT! Sure he may not be the greatest actor, but NOBODY does quiet, brooding sex appeal like Robert Tyler. :wub:

I'm pretty sure Tudor is retired. HOWEVER, I'd LOVE it if they'd hire Lisa Peluso- that would be SHEER AWESOMENESS!

Come to think of it, Peluso probably would have made a better Diane recast than Maura, but I digress. Bring her on as a BRAND NEW character! Make it happen MAB! STAT!

I don't think so- Dinah Lee's younger sister was Hannah (Rebecca Gayheart), who was Steffi's rival for Cooper's affections. Pretty sure Dinah Lee wasn't a friend of Steffi's. I remember Dinah Lee and Ava being close and for some reason, I think she was friendly with Catherine Hickland's Tess as well. Not sure though, as this is around the time I moved to St. Louis ('92) and the ABC affiliate didn't carry 'Loving' nor did they EVER air 'The City.' I only got to watch 'Loving' during the summer, when I'd visit family in Niagara Falls (oftentimes for 4-6 weeks) and at Christmas, for the same reason.

Yes, Hannah, who Steffi was brought on as a rival for, so I don't believe they were friendly.

Unfortunately for Collins, I'd put money on her worshipping Nick's cock real soon. Oh well. At least we'll see some naked Morrow again and I bet he has some steamy chemistry with Collins.

Speaking of which, if they didn't have this new character, Collins probably would have made a solid Grace. I know, I know, Y&R ruins every character they re-cast, but it's not as though Grace was much of a character to begin with.

• Members

Dinah Lee and Ava were close. Guza even ripped off Thelma and Louise and gave them an on the run storyline.

Collins and Robert Tyler split in 2002 according to IMDB, but Robert Tyler would have been perfectly cast for the Sam role that they gave to boring Sean Patrick Flannery.

I'd forgotten about Nick needing a new slampiece. I hope Collins is ready for Morrow to go to the press and bitch about her.

• Members

I agree that Peluso would have made a good Diane recast. I wish she was on a soap now. I have some reservations mostly because she was really bad when she was on OLTL about ten years ago, but I'd still love to see her again.

• Members

Agreed and I'm pretty sure I suggested him, along with Mark Collier of course, when the casting call was posted. Tyler or Collier would have been PERFECT for that part and I bet would have been SMOKIN with Sharon Case. I guarantee, especially with Collier, she would have come alive A LOT more than she has for this storyline. JMO though.

• Members

There's no real point in recasting Victoria, not with today's writing, but I would have recast her with Noelle Beck and then tried to pair her with Sam.

And bring in Corey Page as Cane's fun brother who constantly talks about how stupid and ridiculous Cane's backstory is and just wants to party.

If Y&R starts hiring a lot of actors from Loving/The City then I'll stop bitching about the show...for a few weeks anyway.

• Members

I don't see Beck as Victoria. At. All.

Frankly, as many times as we've rattled off Victoria recasts here, I'd truly only want to see Heather Tom back. To be very frank, compared to Heinle, Sarah Aldrich, who took over as Victoria for about 6 months when Tom left the first time, would be an upgrade.

Archived