Ratings History

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea some people have been mucking about with the ratings lately on there too. It's hard to prove anything other than the years that we have every week of on SON (so basically 1996 and the 2000s), but I know distinctly that Sunset Beach rarely got a 2.3, ESPECIALLY near the end. As well, I distinctly remember AW dropping into the 2.2-2.4 range by the end, there's no way they finished 1998-99 with a 3.0. Whoever added those late 90s ratings was inflating things slightly.

• Members

I remember a lil piece SOD did during the end of 1998 where they talked about outrageous storylines and if they did well for the show's ratings (i.e. GL's cloning, DAYS' Swamp Girl, etc.) and they talked of Sunset Beach's Rosario jewels story (I *think* that's what it was about) where people were getting possessed or something (Caitlin with red demonic eyes?) and they mentioned the show went from a 1.4 to a 1.8 during that time. I think when they ended they were always around 1.6 - 1.7... if I can dust the cobwebs of my brain off, I think their last week on the air only had them at a 1.9.

• Members

You got it. So basically the 1.6HH that The Doctors was cancelled with in 1982 was more disastrous than the 1.6 that got GL cancelled in 2008. About 300,000 more homes were watching GL than The Doctors.

Archived