AMC - Friday - April 29, 2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's episode.

Kendall wasn't criticizing Griffin for following her, she was criticizing him for doing it poorly and then he then insinuated that she wanted a piece of Ricky's ass which got him put on blast. I thought the scenes with Kendall playing Ricky and telling Griffin to shut up and not get in her way were really good. Like Steve, I only hope they let the female power thing play throughout but more so particularly at the very end.

Erica's calm, cool, collected and almost friendly discussion with the captor about her past was enjoyable too. The communicatons are one of the more interesting parts of the show. Trying to figure out what the questions and observations reveals about the captor.

I think I'd like that on the condition they re-write McTavish's 2004 re-write. Eric is a top 3 guess for me. Erica's always been on that quest for his love and maybe in his old age he wanted to get to know her and be around her more. Plus, Erica never looked at the body in the casket, she just yelled at it.

• Members

The way they kept emphasizing the pictures of Jack, it makes me think it's someone who wanted her heart but lost it, such as Caleb. They can always use his living on that damn mountain all by himself all those years to explain away his insanity. Plus he's a Cortlandt, and they can always say that this type of sociopathic behavior is in his blood and say that he had access to all this equipment thru Cortlandt Electronics. Like I've said, there must be a purpose to Caleb other than trying to reconnect with his son and flirting with Erica. Nouri is somewhat of a name actor and you don't pay him to essentially sit on his ass and do nothing, which, on the surface, is pretty much all he's done so far. I think they had something big in mind like this when they hired him. Just my two cents.

• Members

I think the captor was grilling Erica for details about her life so the

For a second, I started to think the captor had some animosity towards Jack and maybe it's a not-so-dead Travis, but with Dixie & Zach most likely coming back, I don't think they'd raise another character from the dead at this time.

I think Kendall was justified in calling out Griffin for standing so close to her & Ricky. He couldn't have been more conspicuous if he tried!

• Members

But do you really think that would be interesting? Caleb? They can just have Caleb fade away and not make this story less interesting by revealing the bored older guy is the captor.

Steve, I agree with that thought but there'd still have to be another character we know behind that potential character.

• Members

Yeah, but wouldn't a double be able to learn all those things from her autobiography and press clippings. And it didn't seem like Erica was telling him or her anything they already didn't know. I do think a double is a possibility, but my money's on Caleb right now. Maybe they realized that Michael Nouri as a viable leading man for Lucci just wasn't working out, and that this was the only way to make dull old Caleb interesting and to salvage the character.

• Members

I liked it too, Angela. The best part for me was Kendall scolding Griffin like the immature 10 year old he is. And then he had a tantrum after she left, further proving the point. It may just be me, but I'm not sure AM is feeling this whole K/G relationship. Something about the way she played the scene today, with no undertone of being sorry about letting him have it....makes me wonder. But at any rate, I also hope they continue writing her like this, right up 'til the end. She needs to have this strength with Zach too, since he'll most likely be back.

Archived