OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There were several Vinnie recasts - Jordan Charney (who I assume was hired due to his old ties to Agnes Nixon through AW) and then someone else. I think the first actor, Anthony Ponzini (?), was very difficult to deal with at that time.

• Members

Didn't Ponzini last the longest? Agnes hired him because he was such a hit as one of soap opera's first comic characters (and a creation of hers)--Danny Fargo on Another World. That said I've heard he played the role a bit less fully comic as later Vinnie's (which would make sense as he had slightly more dramatic and front burner stories back then--falling in love with Nicki--which I would kill to see clips of--etc). Wasn't one of the Vinnie later used as Benny on AMC? Actually I may just be thinking of how much I felt that Agnes based Benny on Vinnie (who perhaps was based on Danny--Agnes did like re-using character types like nearly all soap writers).

• Members

Yes, Ponzini was there up to about 1975 or 1976, I think. When he was on Rituals, he said that he was easier to deal with now than he was in earlier years, so I assume there may have been some problems. Then he came and went from OLTL again very briefly in 1988, as another character.

According to Schemering's book:

Ponzini - 68-75; 87

Jordan Charney 75-77

Michael Ingram 77-81

Ingram was also on The Doctors at one point I believe.

The Woleks seemed to become more waspy looking with passing years.

Thanks for reading any of it. I still have some to go - up to about 1983 (I don't have all the issues from those years, but will post what I have). I know it's probably too much to read but decided I might as well post it now before the show ends.