OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I think you're right--maybe even more human than 80s Nicki (that was the Rauch era afterall, and Nicki was much more out and out evil than she was in 69 or whenver when her main goal seemed to be just wanting to live her life, not getting in the way of others). I didn't realize your mom watched that far back.

I forgot you got to see that one episode with Vicki at the Palye Center or wherever. Jealous. That makes sense though--Vicki was meant to be very much under her father's thumb back then. I can only picture Gillian as Daisy--who was so not reserved--so... There's a lot of 66-67 GL out there, I wonder if any with her is online.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, my mom was in high school at the time and a fan of OLTL and AMC from day one. She was the first to clarify the "AMC was NEVER in black and white" thing for me. tongue.png

Yeah, in that Paley episode Victor's being all blustery over Meredith's disappearance and watching, I literally felt the weight of having to retcon this poor old guy in my head. :lol: I really need to go watch it again the next time I have the chance, I know a little more now about characters and whatnot to get a better sense of what was going on.

• Members

Hello EricMontreal22: I was a member of the Paley Center, and, so enjoyed going through their video archives. Sadly, with my illness and my infrequency of going into the city, it wasn't worth my while to keep up the membership. But, if my situation should change, I will be more than happy to renew my membership.

My question, though, since this is a OLTL Tribute thread is this: I never understood why they killed of Vicki's sister, Meredith Lord Wolek in 1973 (Lynn Benesch).

I remember that storyline so vividly, and always thought it was a mistake that she was written out. Was it storyline dictated or did Benesch choose to leave the role?

• Members

The backstory for Maria and Tom Dennison was that they were close friends and knew each other before arriving in Llanview. I kind of wonder about that, as I thought Maria had spent her entire life in Texas (and Tom and Mari Lynn didn't seem to be from there). It's too bad Maria was dead by the time Lee arrived, as I wonder if Maria knew anything abotu that mess.

I have an article with her from 1985 but she doesn't say whether she quit or was let go.