OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Thanks for the recaps and articles. I haven't had a chance to read the recap yet. The review is great. Rare to see soap criticism at this time and they seem to hit home about some of the aimlessness on OLTL at this time. I did laugh at them putting down her pairing with Clint. No way.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was an extremely harsh, yet well written review. I consider it harsh mainly because a lot of the stuff I consider gold compared to the daytime of today. Id love to have seen the same writer review the show was it was in its final years.

Was Christine or Erika playing Viki during the Masquerade Ball? I like Christina Jones, but she is Pamela to me and I can't enjoy someone outside of Gillian or Erika as Viki.

That was. A LOT to happen throughout the ball, but over a three week period, I'd imagine that to play out nicely and keep the momentum going.

• Members

Thanks. I see you also have a hard time scanning Weeklys!

I enjoyed that 1983 review. A few parts were obviously lifted from the 1982 review but most of it was new and profound. Ironic that they said Rafe should go when he'd stay until 1991.

I didn't know Delila was ever sterile.

The writeups on the characters who lacked any story path were interesting. Not long after this was written, Pat left.

• Members

I was surprised by some of the comments in the 1990 review. I certainly agree it was probably one of the worst years of the show though. I will always love Eterna, Buchanan City, etc. though. I was stunned when they considered the casting of Fiona Hutchinson a miss though, but I love her and Gabrielle, so maybe I'm biased. I never thought Michael Palance was all that popular, so didn't expect him to be considered a hit. And Karen Witter was never my personal ideal Andrea Evans replacement.

• Members

That reminds me of when JER or Liza deCazotte told SOD that PASSIONS would be taking an entire summer to cover just one day in Harmony. Kinda makes a three-week-long masquerade ball seems manageable by comparison, doesn't it, lol?

Oh, God. Badderly. The absolute nadir of late-period, post-Eterna Paul Rauch. I think that was the story that convinced ABC that changes needed to be made and fast.