OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

not to turn this into a GH thread but does anyone watch Todd, Starr and Tea on General Hospital? I think Blair will be comming back for a few episodes soon.

sort of like when some of the Another World characters people went to As The World Turns for a while like Jake and Cass.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been watching how they are going to kill off Susan Flannery's character on Bold and Beutiful and i'm just so greatful we One Life to live people didn't have to see it. Obviously i would have loved for the show go to on so i could see Erika Slezak for 10 or more years playing Viki but then ultimatly she would either retire or die eventually. Like Erika, Susan's character on Bold and beutiful Stephanie had a cancer storyline a few years ago so now that she's leaving, they are doing a story where the charater gets the diease again and dies of it. right now they are in the middle of a week of shows where she is planning a "good bye" party and she's hand deleverying many of the invitations(so they could do flashbacks that day of her with the character.) I'm just soooo greatful they didn't do that with Viki. It would be so hard to watch. Stephanie's was hard today with her son, i can not even imagine how tough it would be for devoted Viki fans to watch episodes like this about her.

We Viki fans can rest in the knowledge that she is happily with Clint. I'm sure they will have problems (she might even visit heaven a few more times) but they wil happily be living the rest of their lives together in Llanfair. it's not easy to not watch new episodes of Viki but at least we know she's a survivor and will continue to survive. we ddn't have to watch her die...and stay dead.

• Members

I don't know. Maybe i've been invested too much in these fab "Clint and Viki lost story" clips but i can see them recapturing the magic they once had now that all the time has passed. finding their way back to each other to be the "Joe and Ruth" of Llanview. lord knows between Natalie and Jessica, they will have their share of troubles but i think there marriage would stay real strong this time. They both know what it was like when they lost the magic and they will work extra hard to keep it.

It puts me in mind of a song :"never gonan let you go" by Sergio Mendez. Every time i've heard it recently it has made me think of Viki and Clint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwKxfHK92IM

• Members

Watching that Christmas episode I had a tough time believing in Cain's great fondness for Asa. I think by spring or summer 1993 he and Tina were at war with Asa over custody of the kids. It made me wonder if they were planning to reveal Asa as Cain's father, then changed their mind when Christopher Cousins wanted to leave.

That clip had so much heart, especially the scenes with Billy talking to the other boy, and the scenes where Bo is completely jaded following Sarah's death. Starting around 1996 or so, OLTL rarely had any heart at all.

• Members

One life to live had a lot of wonderful Christmas memories over the years. I haven't seen any christmas stuff of the 70's but from the 80's on they've been pretty special. remember all the years they had the christmas pagent at St. James church. Erika slezak's real life kids were in it once or twice. then they had the tree lighting cermony a couple of years. then almost every many of the cast came back to Llanfair to celebrate with Viki and whoever she was with at the time. very special.

I don't know who was Producer in 2002 but that was the only year to my knowledge (except for what Erika said about 1971) that they did not have a christmas episode. They were dealing with Mitch Laurence comming back and decided to skip christmas. They did do New Years eve though.

• Members

I think I read somewhere that around 1971 they didn't have a Christmas show because they had so much going on as well. I want to say it was the story with Marcy Wade, Steve and Viki. I don't feel like anything on a soap should take away from the holiday episodes though, even if its a sad Christmas.

• Members

I agree. That's your one chance a year to really grab your audience's hearts and remind them why they love these characters and this show. AMC always did holidays well.

I know a lot of people would roll their eyes at this these days, but I think what Viki says to Cassie at 7:32 is so lovely. I particularly like how it doesn't shy away from the fact that these characters are celebrating Christmas, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUiNAIBQAXA&feature=plcp

• Members

Yes that's what i was refering to. Erika Slezak said that they were right in the middle of the Marcy Wade story at the end of 1971 and Agnes Nixon who was still running things i guess (right before she jumped ship to devote full time to AMC), Agnes said, "Skip Christmas" because they were at the height of the storyline. I assume that's also what happend in 2002, they were at the height of the Mitch Laurence storytline so the producer said skip christmas. Then they did a New Years Eve episode where Troy proposed to Nora but Viki summoned her to Llanfair because Natalie was still married to Mitch.

BTW, anyone who doesn't think Erika deserved to win all her emmy's, take a look at this string of scenes from 1985. she won back to back emmy's in 84/85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skVUlRP8E7s&feature=channel&list=UL