OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Hahahahaha, I remember that classic line from the above episode! "You know, I would say a word to the wise except you are so stupid." I quoted it on TWOP at the time. So long ago yet it seems like yesterday.

As much as I did truly enjoy Tuc/David under Carlivati, this reminds me of how they used him better back then despite the show being a completely bonkers mess. There was far more of a balance between comedy and drama for David, he was used as an actively functional character in the Cramer family in ongoing stories, as Dorian's equal and consort, the de facto patriarch of the family alongside her. Granted, only so much could be done after Higley cost them his contract status a few years later.

I see the episode also features the ongoing reign of Antonio, Prince of the Streets, Malone's favorite character. Back then he was as despised as John later became. And Lisa Lo Cicero in the thankless role of Sonia during the Santi story, which she later hilariously dissed in a GH interview.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've never gotten the impression that a lot of fans hated her. Maybe there's a split group, but she certainly has a large number of fans (including me, of course). Even with her replacing a Japanese-American actress, I always got the impression that her being in the role left a strong enough memory that she became the "real" Blair in every way.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

It's easy to poke at a few corners of the Internet and think something is the accepted gospel. There's always going to be vocal fans online who dislike this character or that one. But if Blair wasn't popular with the audience they wouldn't have kept her on for 20 years and kept her in the spotlight, much less put her on GH. She's become a part of the firmament.

• Members

I was a huge Mia Korf fan (talk about somebody that did not seem to be well liked!) and I was very disappointed at first with Kassie in the role. I loved her on GL as Chelsea, but her first few months on OLTL were disastrous, IMO. She was way over the top in trying to play the villainess. In fact, her first few scenes with Robin Strasser were kind of embarrassing - for both of them. Of course, Kassie found her bearings and made Blair totally her own. She ended up doing things with that role that Mia Korf could only dream of. And both times that I've met Kassie, she showed what a beauty she is on the inside as well as the outside. wub.png